TTC and the Charleston ... !

Morning all!

I just signed up for Charleston lessons, its a pretty basic dance and nothing too dangerous. Figured it would be great excercise. Has anyone else danced while pregnant?

Its a 4 week session for now but I would love to continue it in December and January too. What are your thoughts on dancing (not pushing too hard) during pregnancy?

Thanks!

DisneyBride13

Asked by DisneyBride13 at 7:54 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• BTW I am not pregnant yet...but may be...need to wait a few more days to test. But I LOVE to dance and cannot imagine not doing it for 9 months!!!!! I can give up figure skating if I must but I need to keep dancing! lol
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Pregnancy is not a time to suddenly take up physical activity, but if you are already physically active you should continue. Just know your limits - don't push yourself too hard, do anything too dangerous, and know when to back off or call it quits.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Well I am an avid figure skater so im not just newly active...but i am not skating if i am pregnant...besides, i thought you were supposed to get excercise? Im gonna check with my doc. thanks!
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2009