Who have you helped recently?

When was the last time you volunteered or donated items to someone? Remember even the small stuff counts. I gave my breast pump with all new sanitary items to a lady who i know was going to be unable to buy one that would work well enough for her to go back to work full time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I try to help someone every day. I'm a firm believer in paying it forward. I pray daily, help out my co-workers when their workload is overwhelming, I donate to Goodwill and Salvation Army.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:00 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I'm on freecycle, and I give away clothes and other stuff almost every week
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:51 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• How do you know you are helping anyone on freecycle...how do you know they aren't just gonna turn around and sell it?

I gave all of my son's old clothes, toys and my what to expect book to a girl at my work who found out she was pregnant and needed some support. She is 19 unwed and un-prepared. I wanted t make sure she has everything her baby needs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• daily. i try to help someone everyday in a way that they can never repay me. i gave a kid an old halloween costume lastnight to wear Saturday, bought a little girl at the gym lastnight a soda and popcorn, and helped a woman in walmart dig her keys out of a stack of tires she accidentally dropped inside.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:55 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I help our boys teachers with things they need for the classroom, like decorations, hand sanitizer, markers, paper, things the students bring at the beginning of the year but then need to be replenished all yr long... Teachers aren't paid enough to afford the extras and most school budgets don't go very far.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:57 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• anon - even if they turn around and sell it, then they got money from it and I'm sure it helped them!

Answer by missanc at 9:00 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Thank you missanc! I was just about to say that.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:05 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Just as reminder on donating clothes/shoes or whatever. Make sure they are reasonable condition that if you saw it, you would buy it yourself. I've seen some that really belong in the trash.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• We gave my neice and her df money to get her tags for her car and put her on our car insurance so that she would have insurance and paid the bill for her which was $138 more a month then what I pay on mine I only pay $62 on mine and my parents insurance. Oh yeah and I pay my parents insurance since neither or working at the moment they are having a hard time finding a job. My dh picks up a guy he works with because his car is broken down
    Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 9:54 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• A lady at in the parking lot had her hands full, so I closed her trunk for her and opened the doors on the way in.

Yesterday, my office went to a local organization where they help adults with developmental disabliities function in societ and provide jobs and job training. We painted their buildings and helped clean up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Oct. 30, 2009