I Was Crushed... :(

Im Am A Single Mother, 21 yrs Old. My Little Boy Is 3 Now. I Was Doing Laundry Lastnight After He Went To Bed, And When The Cothes Were Done, I Went To Put Them Away... About Half Way Threw Doing So, I Stoped And Started Crying (im pregnant, i cry offten, lol) But I Steped Back And Looked At His Closet... All The Clothes In There Were Now A 3T-4T In Size... They Were Not "Cute" And Didnt Make Me Say "Aww" Every Time I Looked At Them Anymore... It Suddenly Hit Me, And I Mean Hit Me HARD, My Little Boy... Is Now A Little Man... OMG... When Did This Happen?? I Freaked. I Had To Stop Putting His Clothes Away And Walk Out Of The Room. I Stood At The Door, Stairing At Him... I Was Right, He Is A Little Man Now.. I Just Needed To Share This And Let All The New Mothers Know, Time Will Fly By So Fast... Kiss Your Babies Eveyday Before They Get Upset That You Kiss Them Infront Of Their Friends... :(

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 9:42 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have a 3year old as well and a 3 month old. I know how you feel. A couple of days after I had my baby my 3 yr. old seemed like she had grown much older. Kiss and hug your babies every chance you can. They grow way too fast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Take A Look Around Your Childs Room... The Toys Went From Learning Tools, And Are Now Action Figures, Race Cars An Video Games... How Do You Get Threw This?? I Am Not Ready To Handle This Yet... He Is Only 3... I Thought He Would Be My Baby Boy For Atleast 2 More Years...
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 9:46 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• well my son is 6 months and is 20lbs and 30inches long, needless to say he wears 12-18 month clothes :( its sad i know i see all the cute lil baby clothes that he can't fit into
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 9:47 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• LOL! Tell me about it! My oldest boy is going to be 10 next week! I also have a 6 year old boy a 16 month old baby girl. People don't tell you to cherish every single moment for nothing! Always kiss them goodnight. My boys have gotten to the age where they won't let me kiss them as I drop them off for school but I make sure to love them up before we leave our house every morning!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• :(.......Reality is hard, especially when it comes to your kids....my daughter is 13 mos and I bawled my eyes out when we sang happy birthday to her! I was happy, shocked and couldn't believe she was already one. I also was looking on the computer at all her pictures from birth on and I can't believe how much she has grown and how itty bitty she used to be and her itty bitty clothes.. I'm preg with baby #2 so she'll get to wear her sister's things.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• take if from a mom who's babies have grown up (now in their 3rd college year)..my sister's twin boys were her life, a single mom for the majority of it. when they were seniors in HS, and at their first job, one of them, working as a fry cook, got hot oil splattered on his arm the second day on the job. . .he didn't call her, but the manager did, to let her know her son was coming home. when she opened the door, he was simply started crying, no..bawling and threw himself into her arms! he wanted momma! this big, tough HS senior still needed his momma to make the booboo go away!
    they'll always be your babies..they'll just get bigger. enjoy them now, and later! (btw..my ds is still 4..and i cling to this story when i think of how 'needless' i may become.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:15 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• It's crazy, isn't it? I feel the same when I look at my son's clothes- he's seven, he comes up to my shoulder, I could probably squeeze into some of his shirts! I remember buying him little newborn clothes and it seems like yesterday- how did that happen?
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:24 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I know how you feel. My 4 year old can now fit clothes his 8 year old brother wears and my 8yo is turning 9 next month and I can't even lift my 2yo anymore! I try to tell their dad to cherish these moments but he doesn't see it my way.
    Anonymous

• 3 yr old is a little man?? no way ---- or you are letting him grow up too fast, my 4 yr old wants kisses all the time, his friends are nice kids, they want kisses too. (i blow them to other kids --germs) i think you are just freaking out with hormones... calm down ... 3 is still a baby in my book.... i am an "early childhood educator" --- in the terms of the state early childhood is birth to nine years....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• AmaliaD
    First of all I don't care what state you are in a 9 year old is not early childhood. What's next preschool until they are teenagers?

Second the op is mearly noticing that her "baby" is now a little boy. Maybe you don't let your kids grow up fast enough. She doesn't need your criticism.

OP- I so understand your feelings, my girls are 14 and the twins are 11. I was looking at some pictures when they were little and feeling a little blue about not having babies. But you know what, I like the young ladies they are becoming. So yes miss your "baby" but enjoy your big boy too. I am sure he will be a terrific young man.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2009