did your children wear thier costume to school?

My pre k girl did she was wonder woman what was yours?

Shannon706

Asked by Shannon706 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NO! My kids go to public school and due to certain religions complaining that they don't believe in Halloween the whole school has to suffer! My boys have Halloween parties to go to tonight and they will be dressing up for that. My 9 year old is an Alien and my 6 year old is a skeleton. My 16 month old baby girl is going to be a cheerleader. I bet Wonder Woman looked darn cute!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:51 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My 1st graders teacher asked that we not send them in costume because they have a trip planned today and she felt that going in costume would be counter productive. He is going to be ironman.

My 3rd grader was mad because I would not let him wear his. He is going to be a ninja and the material of his costume is thin and I was afraid that he would mess it up before tomorrow and besides, the rules stated no props, masks, hoods, or hats. Just face paint and the basic costume. Without his fake swords, face cover, and hood, he would have just looked like a kid in black cloths and I just did not see the point in it.

My 3 yo did not have school today. He is almost 4 and is going to headstart this year but he only goes for 3 hrs on Mon., Wed., and Thurs. He is going to be a transformer though. The blue and red one? My boys would be mad but I just can't remember that transformers name right now. LOL.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Love the Wonder Woman profile pic! Cute!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:00 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Nope this week is drug awarness week and the school has a theme for everyday Mondays was red shirt day, Tues. was hawiian day, Wed. was croc day , Yesterday was weird hair day and today was super hero day and neither one of my girls are going as superheros for halloween so they wore their little brothers shirts with spiderman and superman on them ( the shirts are too big for him at the moment) although yours could have worn hers. My son won't start school till next year he could have this year but would only go half a day and we only have one car so I wouldn't have been able to pick him up. So he is sporting his undies at the moment.
    Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 10:05 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Thanks Its a homemade costume cheaper than buying one
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Yes my DS is also in pre-k and he wore his costume to school. I want him to wear as much as he can because it might thunderstorm here in Columbus, GA tomorrow so we might not even get a chance to go trick or treating!
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Jacqalyn- that is next week here.
    Monday is Hat Day.
    Tuesday is Red and White Day.
    Wednesday is Wacky/Tacky Day.
    Thursday is Come As you Are Day. ( They wear PJs and Slippers to school.)
    Friday is Sports star Day.
    My boys are looking forward to it. My 8 yo is already planning his cloths for Wacky/ Tacky day. He wants to wear 2 different shoes.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• No but she brought it with though and wore a cheetah print shirt. They do a parade and get in their customes at the end of the day. So she will put her ears and tail on later in the day. My kid is the cutest cheetah I have ever seen : ) MEOW
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 10:31 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• No - not allowed, and most of the public schools around here had a teacher workday anyway. My 11 month old is going as Darth Vader, my 8 year old daughter is going as a black cat, and my 9 year old son is going as batman

Answer by missanc at 10:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Yes, it was so cool. My son was a race car driver. My daugter was Hermione from the Harry Potter books. They go to public school. When we lived in CA, it was not allowed. Here in OK, it's still allowed. It's just better here.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:41 AM on Oct. 30, 2009