was your wedding ruined in any way?

i had a beautiful wedding but it couldve went a lot better. My grandma put her arm in my cake, it rained the entire morning so by the evening it was freezing for my Mt. wedding and half the people left right after the ceremony. ( i had it in a pavilion w/ a fireplace right next to the river) It was mid april and i had no idea it would get down to 30's still at night! And to top it all off my dad and his witch of a wife did'nt even show up until 30 mins before the wedding so i was so stressed and of course that whole side of the family had to be their "redneck selves" at my wedding.

Anyone else wanna share their story about how their wedding could've went better...what was ruined?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• HELL YEAH! lets see one week before my wedding i got appendecities. i lost 15 lbs so my dress was huge. i had to beg my doctor to let me go. i was letgo on friday night went stary to reharsal.. i had gotten a sever reaction from pehergan. my sking had purple blotches all over it. i was in alot of pain from the surgey so i had to take a bunch of medecines. i wasnt allow to have sex, i couldt drink, i wasnt allow to have any spicy food(thast waht we had on the menu) so dh got me a sadwhich. i dance like 2 songs beofre i started to hurt. oh i got my period that day and i had already loss blood during surgery. so i was weak. my skin was still purple during the wedding (you can see in my pics) then my dh was deploying to iraq on wensday so i was scared. the next day we had a bbq to say bye to my dh. he left that night. on monday i collapsed at my mom house and was taking to the hospital and spent another week there. it sucked!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• my "photographer" didn't do my pic right, she brought a digital camera and printed the pics off on her printer at home, my cake was supposed to be square but the lady that made it brought a round one, my hair was messed up and i didn't have time to fix it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Wedding was great. Mostly because i and i alone cooked all the food, set up for the reception, decorated everything and was almost late to the wedding because of it. When we entered the reception area we sat down at a big table and started to eat and his sister comes up and says " I think I dropped my cellphone about a mile away from here at my apartment complex" Then asks my DH if he'll come with her to look around for it in the streets or along the sidewalk. He didnt go, it was just the fact that she asked that rattled my feathers!
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:11 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My reception! Me and hubby had food catered, a family member of mine owned a restraunt and we paid a lot of money for a huge dinner. So my aunt was supposed to be the one looking after things for me while I was having pics taken, she knew to ask me if she didn't know what to do or if it wasn't my plan, my uncle who helped cater told everyone to go ahead and eat and my aunt let them and didn't try to stop it from happening. I told her and other family that we were all to eat together to just be patient for about 1/2 hour. We had drinks, a santa (dec. wedding), music, to keep them busy for just a bit. When we went to our reception, people were leaving and almost all of the food was gone!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Then the person who was supposed to take pictures of it all didnt show up until the wedding was over because she "got lost". She set up her camera and supposedly recorded a nice reception, speeches and all. Then she said she lost it all. All of it!! Bad memories.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:14 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Looking back at my wedding now, it was incredible but on the day, I was so upset. My wedding was indoors but it rained all night and all day before my evening wedding. My carpet was white and I looked out the hotel window and saw people walking through the grass and mud to get inside quicker. I was just so scared that there was going to be mud and grass everywhere, and I was right. Literally 2 mins. before I walked, there were people scrambling like crazy to clean up. The day before my photographer had a car accident and was unable to do my wedding and the guy he sent was very late, but the pictures and video are great so I worried for nothing.

My brother and his 1st wife had a white and peach wedding and when we arrived at the reception the beautiful peach icing on their cake had turned yellow. At the time we assumed it was cheap icing or poorly made but now my gramma says it was a sign that they should not have married.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My brother-n-law who is and acholic and had already started drinking before the wedding even started ( We had it in my parents front yard) try to start a fight with my dads friend who did the cooking for us for free, then he try to start a fight with another one of my BIL 's causing my dh's older brother to have to leave the wedding to take him home which was about 4hrs away so he didn't get to come back . A few guys that I went to school with but were never friends with showed up just because my cousin was there and he had told them about it. My parents lived out in the country and there neighbor told our dj to quit playing at 9:00 because she didn't want to hear anymore music. All of their neighbors were invited either because they were kin to me or I grew up with their kids and she was the only one who didn't want to come . So all of my guest kept paying the dj more money so that he would keep playing well past midnight.
    Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 10:32 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Derek Jeter got his First ever Grand Slam and I missed it......because I was getting married at that same exact time! =) I told everyone we should have had TV's in the church!!

Besides that, my wedding was nearly perfect. It would have been absolutely perfect if my MIL and grandma had been there. They both passed away the year before. =(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I came down with the stomach flu! I felt fine until around 8pm and then was barfing/had diarrhea. I had to sneak out of my own wedding reception around 10 because I was so sick and couldn't face saying goodbyes to everyone. I had diarrhea all night long. It was awful. We had to postpone our honeymoon.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:33 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• my great-grandpa went to the hospital so half of my family didnt show up...only my husbands mom and dad showed up -- because that is just how they are...... none of our pictures turned out.....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:37 AM on Oct. 30, 2009