Please HELP!?!

My Son is 22 months old and I can not get him potty trained! He doen't want any thing to do with the potty little or big. I need some ideas, PLEASE HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't listen to the people who are being unnecessarliy critical. You're doing fine. At least you're willing to try to potty train him. Some parents wait until the kid is 3 even if the kid has been ready for a while. Some parents just think it's easier the older the kid is. In other countries, believe it or not, some kids are potty trained by 18 months.

Just bring him into the bathroom with you and explain to him what's going on. When he seems like he wants to try it, help him out. Oh and get a training potty now, and put it in the bathroom so he gets used to it being there. And he can try on his own maybe :D

Good luck!
    AmandaMarie821

Answer by AmandaMarie821 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• He may not be ready. Try again in a few months.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:33 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• wait, boys take a little longer. He may be closer to 3 before he goes potty
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:35 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Gaill beat me to the point.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:36 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Boys don't always take longer. Why do people still believe that crap.

If a toddler isn't ready a toddler isn't ready. It's not worth the battle that could be created so wait until he's ready. Just be patient and follow his lead. Start with introducing the potty and that there are certain times we have to go potty (have him just sit for a few seconds and praise, praise, praise) Then work your way up to going .....

It has nothing to do with him being a boy. It has to do with your toddler just isn't quite ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My son is turning 2 in 9 days, he is no where near ready. I know my niece was trained before 2 but my son just doesn't care.. and isn't interested. I know plenty of kids that jsut weren't ready til 3
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• CAN HE GO IN WITH HIS DAD WHEN HE GOES. OR PUT A FRUIT LOOP IN THE POTTY AND TELL HIM TO SHOOT AT THEM. GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• he's not even 2 and you are trying to push him? Give him time. He'll get it when he's ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• that doesnt mean anyting some kids are ready before 2 . my dd wasready at 18 mts by 24 mts she was fuly potty train.

op. is he showings sigsn of being ready to potty train,? you cnat force a child into potty training they have to be ready. if he isnt showing any interested in the potty, then he is not ready to be train
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I AM NOT FORCING HIM!! He is my first born and I dont know what I am doing..I just wanted some advice not Criticism. Thank You
    Anonymous