Any other homeroom moms feeling nervous about fall parties today?

Hello! Only two hours to the party. Should just be a simple event: one craft, one game but I've already had a few moms want to call and check that I have everything together. Ahhhhhhh!!! I organized parties for 13 years at work, and Girl Scouts for four years. It's not that hard and should just be fun!

How are you all doing today?

FiveofHearts

Asked by FiveofHearts at 10:44 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Feeling fine, it sounds like you have some uptight parents there!! It is just for fun and the kids don't care. They have treats and their costumes....they are Happy and that is all that matters. Don't worry about other parents, they should have volunteered to be homeroom mom if they want to run it, right? Have a great party!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Ah, the joys of homeschooling! No need to worry about that stuff!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• The kids definitely have fun no matter what. Both the mom from last year and I thought the same! It's a simple party, not a gala event for the president.

And home schooling is definitely looking better and better! LOL. :D
    FiveofHearts

Answer by FiveofHearts at 11:59 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I enjoy the parties. Other moms call and ask if I have everything always took it as them being helpful. I don't feel inferior though. We didn't have school today so the party was yesterday. The kids had cupcakes, lemonade, a craft and we played games. The last 30 minutes the kids got to parade the other classes in their costumes. Pretty simple.
    Anonymous

• I've been around enough to know the difference between helpful, like the idea for a craft or food and bossy like getting angry I didn't use a Halloween game (supposed to be fall today) when I was asked Monday if I wanted it. I get that stuff together before Monday of a Friday party!

Only two more parties left though! I can see why the higher grades didn't have any volunteers.
    FiveofHearts

Answer by FiveofHearts at 6:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2009