so if you are on PA and accidentally get pregnant again are some of you saying that they should give that baby up because they can't "afford it on their own"

seriously? so effin what, stuff happens, as long as they don't plan on being on it for years to come its not a big deal to me, ecspecially if at least one parent is working so that means they are paying into the tax pool, but if they are being lazy and not tryin to better themselves its a different story.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• How does one accidently get pregnant?

And why would you/he/she/it/them need to give the baby up?

trying to start some drama are ya?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Wow, who said that, I must've missed it. People should be responsible and stop having kids if they can't afford them. HOWEVER yes birthcontrol sometimes fails, and no one better to raise the baby than the mom and dad. To give up the baby due to finances is not a good idea IMO.
    Anonymous

• Ann: 1050, people can get pregnant on accident. Either by not using birth control, or evn their birth control failing.
    I think I know where this question is coming from, I seen the post and responded... I don't think they need to give up that baby! As you stated, if one parent is working their paying for it just like everyone else... I'm glad their able to get public assistance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• most the time bc fails because they want it to...they think they are gonna get more PA. I say have em spayed and neutered that way we dont have to keep paying for all their "mistakes" If they don't like the idea then they wont get PA or they can get clipped
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Um you don't accidently get pregnant. When your not using any form of birth control you up the risk of getting pregnant and you know this.

I have this theory...Anyone who is on welfare should HAVE to be on birth control. And not the pill-the shot. That way it's known that they are on it. They shouldn't be having more kids if they can't afford it-no one should.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• shay, your statement "most the time bc fails because they want it to" is exceptionally idiotic. I am not on PA, never have been...and yet I am one of those people whose BC failed. It happens. That's why each for of birth control had a published failure rate. EVERY form of BC does, except abstinence. Maybe YOU should consider being "spayed" so you won't contribute your staggering stupidity to the gene pool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• it happens mostly because people fail to use back up when they are told to. You cant start bc any kind of bc and expect it to work right away. it takes time and they usually warn you to use condoms or spermicide. You cant miss a pill, you can't be late getting shots or changing patches...some antibiotics can interfere with bc even some drugs can lesson the effect of bc and if you dont look into it or if you skip pills or whatever its not an accident..its just called stupidity. I don't think its fair to have to pay for everyone else to have kids when its hard enough trying to take care of your own
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• "it happens mostly because people fail to use back up when they are told to"

I'd like to know where you got your medical degree. I was on the depo shot AND using condoms when I got pregnant with my second child. I wasn't on any other medications and considering we didn't want another child for at least another year, we were always careful. So I think there was a reason for me gettin pregnant again, even on bc. Maybe my son is going to be an important part of the future. So unless you know someones circumstances, keep your mouth shut.
    Anonymous

• Well first you implied that when BC failed it is intentional, now it's just plain, run of the mill stupidity. And you "don't think its fair to have to pay for everyone else to have kids when its hard enough trying to take care of your own"...guess, what, life isn't fair. Get used to it. And if it's that difficult for you to take care of your children, perhaps you should not have had them.
    Anonymous

• I was on the depo shot AND using condoms when I got pregnant with my second child.

I call BS. Seriously.
    Anonymous