BI: Guess which media outlet the Obama administration is going after now?

The White House Stupidly Goes To War With Car Web Site Edmunds.com
It is an odd, and we'd say regrettable, pattern of this White House that it lets itself get dragged down into fights with specific media outlets.

George W. Bush experienced acrimony with the New York Times, but for the most part, other than general frustrations of a conservative administration, complaining about a liberal media, it was no big deal.

But in addition to Fox News, now The White House is going after highly-respected and influential car site Edmunds.com.

They're actually using The White House blog to dispute the site's analysis of Cash-For-Clunkers (via Detroit News).

The post is snarkily titled: "Busy Covering Car Sales on Mars, Edmunds.com Gets It Wrong (Again) on Cash for Clunkers"

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I don't know how many units were sold or how many would have sold without the government giveaway but I do know that it cost us more than it helped us. It's obvious to any dunderhead that if someone offers you $4500 to go by a car you were thinking of buying anyway you probably would take advantage of it. It's also obvious that now that the offer is gone people have stopped buying again. This all lends to the fact that the GDP being at a 3+% increase when it was at a minus number is all government made. It's not real. As soon as the givaways are gone so is the increase in GDP.
    I say kudos to Edmunds.com for standing up to the Obama machine.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I really wish the WH would just STFU about the media and focus on doing their job.

Interesting to note, Jon Stewart mentioned last nite something abut Bushco sending an angry letter or something to MSNBC last year. I was half asleep so have to look it up.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• They go after anyone who disagrees with them. CNN and CBS will be next, because they are starting to catch on.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I saw an article on fox news last night that they are going after AP as well for the article about the exaggerated stimulus job creation numbers piece. Crazy these days.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• This is starting to remind me of "whack a mole". They keep trying to stamp down dissent, but the more the WH tries to bash away, the more dissenting opinions pop up somewhere else.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2009