Does anyone shop at save-a-lot? There's one close by but I've never been. I've heard you have to bring your own bags or pay for them to be supplied. Is it worth the savings?

jercee

Asked by jercee at 3:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I've been there before, it's not a bad place, but I wouldn't suggest buying meat there. Whenever we went by it, it smelled funny.
    flutterby87us

Answer by flutterby87us at 3:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• For dried good, or canned they are great. You can also get frozen things like pizza rolls cheep but ALWAYS check the expire dates on the packages and can good. Yes you need to bring your own bags of boxes But it is worth the savings.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Yes we shop at Save a Lot and Aldi's all the time!! It's definitely worth it, we save alot of money. They have boxes there that you can use or you can bring your own bags.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I shop at Save A Lot regularly. I save about 10 cents a can on veggies and dry goods. But like some of the other posts, check the expiration dates and occasionally the frozen stuff has been thawed and refrozen. If I ever have a problem with anything, I take it back and get a refund. I've never had a problem getting money back.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• you Dont Need bags..just hunt for some store boxes really..sometimes they r already out near cashiers..i like ours meats, frozen meal deals more than Aldies...just go & s.other will be happy when ya save all that cash!
    carisa

Answer by carisa at 12:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2008