If you have done this...(Custody)

If you have custody of your kids, how much did it cost just to get custody. Not going to court for divorce yet, but I was told to get custody first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• nothing. I went o court the day after i left, filed for a temporary custody order & it got granted until the actual divorce could be settled.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• my divorce, custody and all that funness cost about 5k
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:14 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Well - to date I've spent I think 8K and we go to court again in November. He has stalled and fought me on every single point from the custody to the divorce to the separation of assets. Such a jerk!

Answer by missanc at 11:40 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• depends on what state your in. I've known people to go to full custody of their children and not spend a dime in court,
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I am not sure how much was spent but it was not much. My ex and I were friends just knew we were not meant to be married anymore. We split amicably and we share custody of our children and they spend equal time with us. We knew it was best for them to not just spend weekends with him or me. They need full access to both of us. I would do what is best for your kids not what will get your ex back or be in your best interest. Unless he is beating or neglecting the kids he deserves equal time with his children.
    Anonymous

• It didn't cost me anything.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• it depends on your state and your income call your local legal aide i spent nothing to get full custody and court ordered child support
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2009