What age do you stop waking your teenagers up in the morning to get prepared for school?

When are they responsible enough to do that for themselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• When they're responsible enough. Still make sure that they wake up but get them an alarm clock and tell them they're on their own. If they don't wake up in time drag them out of bed in their pjs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• By about 9th grade I was pretty much getting up on my own for school. But with my brother trying to save money by living at home, Mom still gets him up. And he's in his 20's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• When they graduate:)
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 11:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Ten

Answer by rkoloms at 12:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• When they start college and move out.

Answer by older at 12:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I have a 16 yo and a 13 yo. They use their alarms to wake up. However 30 minutes before they need to leave I get up and make sure they are ready and did not over sleep. Before anyone complains I work nights and not getting up at 5 in the morning with my kids who catch a bus at 6:05.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My 16 DS has an alarm clock and only gets up with it about 50% of the time he will sleep right thru. WOW I could not do that. I then go in and wake him. Dont know what else to do.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 1:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I think they should be able to do that at 9 or 10
    Seriously, it is not hard.
    Make consequences if they dont get up and out on time.
    That is not wrong!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My oldest gets up on her own now, she is 14.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• it depends on the kid. i was getting myself and younger brothers and sisters up and ready for school before i was 12. my best friends mother had to rip her out of bed still at 18. my son started at age 12 too. he was legal to be home by himself then and refused to go to day care any more. he did end up calling me at work because he'd miss the school bus a little too much but the last time it happened i made it clear if it happened again he'd be back in day care. and that was that , for almost a year.
    binker55

Answer by binker55 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2009