Affirmations

For those of you that do Affirmations, how do you do them? I get the idea of focusing on what you have in life that's good. But is that it? Or do you do some kind of "ritual" to help you stay positive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why on Earth would you need a ritual to help you stay positive. Crazy people.
    Either you have a crappy attitiude or you dont. Why is this so complex to you?
    Just try to be positive, make an effort. Rituals and magic are all placebos anyway.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• You know, putting others down may help you stay positive amber. But for the rest of us it doesn't.

I am Bi-Polar! I have MAJOR depression problems. It has NOTHING to do with a crappy attitude! It's about working my hardest to stay positive and to change my out look on life! Bitches don't help. I'm looking for any way that I can find that can help me concrete my affirmations! If you can't help, don't answer!
    Anonymous

• Thank you Amber for PROVING why affirmations are so needed.

I am chanting to myself "I will be nice to people who don't deserve it one bit." and "I must control my snark."

I'm going to repeat it until it helps; right after I hit the "answer question" button.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• SabrinaMBowen

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2009