I have a important question real fast.......

My husband and I are needing to go paint our rental house. Obviously we wont be taking our DS so my step mom will be watching him for us for about 3 or 4 hours. He is 6 months old. He is EBF and has never took a bottle.
My question is...
Do I need to pump or can he just eat baby food? If I need to pump how much and what do I put it in? We were kinda just wanting to skip bottles. Dont even have any... If I need to pump, could I just put it in a sippy cup. He is pretty good with one. He has one that he controls the flow of it kinda like a bottle. Thanks so much for all your answers bc I have no clue what to do, I hate leaving him any where but we have to get this done asap.

Chas21

Asked by Chas21 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would just put it in the sippy cup.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• If he's used to the cup then leave him a cup. But if you dont normally leave him, you should leave some milk so he wont miss you so much that he cries the whole time. put it in a breastmilk or even a ziplock bag. Just enough for 1-2 feedings should be good
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:39 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• pump solids always come before solids.just pump enough for him. is 1oz for every hour for most babies
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2009