A 4 year old that can see ghost?

My 4 year old states that she can see ghost. Sometimes when we are driving she will say. "There is a girl, mommy, over there by the tree". I look at see nothing. Tonight, when I was tucking her in she said "I hope I don't see him again". I said "Who Baby?"..She said "The man with red hair, I saw him last night. He had a white shirt on, and blue pants. He was standing over there by my Dora". I was freaking OUT. I said "Did he say anything baby?" She said "Yes, he said ::This is MY room, get out::" My husband thinks she is just making it out...but it's FREAKING me out. Any adivce??

Pinkmommy2

Asked by Pinkmommy2 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• There's nothing wrong with your little one seeing spirits. Children at that age are able to percieve other worlds/beings because yes, they are innocent - not been corrupted by any religious dogma or the random BS of life itself. Some of us continue that ability way into adulthood.

But, if seeing them bothers her (ie she gets nightmares) filling a spray bottle with salt-water with a bit of essential oil like lavendar and some blue or green food coloring and labelling it "ghost be gone" might work for her. (cont)
    RedBaroness

Answer by RedBaroness at 2:42 AM on Sep. 18, 2008

• What on earth would make such a young child make something like that up? Now, perhaps she was dreaming of this man, but I doubt it. Children are very sensitive to the environment, and that includes things we adults usually cannot percieve. Tell your daughter that if she sees the man again, or anything else that scares her like he does, to close her eyes and think of something she loves (you, the dog, her toys, whatever) and say outloud... "You aren't allowed in here. Leave and never come back." If anything, it should help her feel she has more power in a situation where she may feel helpless.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2008

• Many people belive that children can see spirits more easily than adults. Of course children have imaginations & clearly she knows what a ghost is so it is possible that she "sees" things because she has seen people in movies (or heard stories or something) see things. Try not to frighten her. I agree with the above post, empower her so whether these are imaginary people or spirits she can tell anything she doesn't like to go away.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2008

• Has she been baptised?  If not please do that then bless her room.  Hang a crucifix over her door and have her say with you "no evil may enter here, only good and positive enegry in this space."  These are all things that were taught to me by my grandmother ~ Also, have here take back her room as MamaLion82007 stated by saying " this is my room, you do not belong here"

La_Divas_mommy

Answer by La_Divas_mommy at 9:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2008

• I would do all the above. But let me add too, that my kids have all said things that freaked me. good things and bad. on the good side, one of my kids told me he was Jesus at a young age. Well, I do think Jesus is in each of us, so okay. On the other hand, I have felt the presence of evil enter my home on occasion and it is very frightening. Saying out loud to go away, or whatever version is helpful So was praying very hard, and keeping the cell and landline, close-by and all the kids together, just in case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2008

• They say kids are more open to spirits because they are innocent. Like the others have said bless your house and if she see's the ghost again have her tell him your dead and to go be with God.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2008

• Yes it can happen. Have her tell him he's passed on and needs to go to the light. She can simply ask that her guardians protect her as well. I've been bashed for this coming answer before, but it works. Have her ask the Archangel Michael to remove him from her room. Then ask that he keep all bad spirits away and fill her room with calm, protective energy. The group Spiritual Power has a good home cleansing and blessing that you can use. Hugs!! PM if you want more info.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:01 AM on Sep. 6, 2008

• I saw ghosts when I was a kid. Children are more open to the supernatural. As we become adults we get set in our ways and are not open to the other worlds. Tell her to tell them to leave if she doesn't want them around. Generally ghosts listen especially when asked nicely. Good luck!
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:51 PM on Sep. 6, 2008

• I understand how scary and confusing this may be for you. When my daughter wasshe was 2-3 she use to talk to her "angel" then it stopped when she was about 5. at 14 she told me that "Samantha" was crying at the foot of her bed. She asked why are you crying, "Samantha" replied I lost my dog. My daughter does not want Samantha to leave. In the past I took my daughter to talk with a psychologist she only went once then she just stopped talking of her friend. I thought that this was the end, well I just learned "Samantha" never left. I overhear my daughter having conversations with her, which really freaks me out. The unknown is very scary. My daughter is now 15

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 2:35 PM on Sep. 6, 2008

• Saying out loud to go away, or whatever version is helpful So was praying very hard, and keeping the cell and landline, close-by and all the kids together, just in case.

LOLlaughing  "That was too funny,ANON' They say children can see things we can't.

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2008