Houston, we have a problem! No formula, what should I do?

My sister dropped her kids off and said"you still have that formula here right?" I said "I don't know isn't it kind of old?" she said yes but use it. Well I don't have that formula, the baby is crying and there is only enough to make 1 1/2 more bottles. I have her until 9:30-10 tonight........

What should I do? I don't have my car or any money. Could I give her pediasure to replace 1 bottle? She is..... born in march, so 7 1/2 months old

OwensMama824

Asked by OwensMama824 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give her water. Or watered down juice. Or is she's almost eight months old she might be able to eat a cracker or something.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Cal her mom and ask if she can bring you some on her lunchbreak, if not, ask her what you should do. don't give her anything new without discussing it with mommy 1st
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:32 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Call your sister is what I would be doing or anyone you know who has some money to spare and get her some more formula.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Oh and your sister sounds very irresponsible by not bringing formula for her kids and relying on you for it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• call your sis and tell her you dont have any formula or try calling the babys doctor at 7 1/2 months idk if that would ok or not.
    Redneckmomma19

Answer by Redneckmomma19 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't want to w/o speaking to the mom first. Although, she doesn't seem very responsible, so if you can't get a hold of her, I guess just do what you have to.

Hmm, I looked it up, and it says:
    "PediaSure products are not intended for infants younger than 1 year of age. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, infants under a year old should be breastfed or fed an iron-fortified infant formula."

Although I doubt one bottle would harm him/her.
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Call your sister and tell her to get her ass over there with some formula.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• dose she take baby foods?? I would give her extra baby food... if she didn't pack any of thay either maybe you can mash something up for her... mash some veges or fruit. And then I would try to make the formula last. Like others have suggested maybe a little watered down juice (I wouldn't do more than 2 oz of juice though... maybe add about 4 oz water)
    And others on here might disagree... but you could add extra water to her formula to make it last longer, it won't harm her to do it for the short term. We do it in the hospital for kids who are sick... we do half strength formula (so 4 oz water to 1 scoop formula) it's for sure not something to do long term becuase it can cause major problems but for 1 day it would be fine.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I would call her mother and tell her to get her but over there with some formula.
    Anonymous

• Unless there is allergies you can give her cows milk. One day of it isn't going to hurt unless again, there is a special formula. Call and ask your sister but, if she's willing to give the baby old formula, I don't think she would mind if you give her milk.
    Katiejl620

Answer by Katiejl620 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2009