2 1/2 years old and won't stay dress. Any suggestions to keep her clothes on her?

With in minutes of putting the clothes back on her, she taking them off again. We've tried putting her pajamas on inside out, so the zipper pull is on the inside and she can still unzippen. Timeouts, spanking, nothing is working to keep her dressed. Other than duct taping the clothes to her, what can we de?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's a normal stage. My 2 year old is going through it right now and my 3 year old still occasionally has moods where she doesn't want clothes on. We tape the 2 year olds diaper on because she does tend to poop and pee freely. This is a problem especially overnight. With my 3 year old, it's not such an issue since she is potty trained. If we are in the house, it doesn't matter so much. They have to have clothes on to play outside or go anywhere.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• nothing, I have an almost 3 year old. Its normal its a phase, they grow out of it. You forcing her by spanking and timeouts isnt going to help. I have older girls too. They usually grow out of it at about 3 or 4... Good Luck
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:42 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• We used duct tape for our son's PJs. It worked. But, as long as you are inside, it doesn't hurt to let your DD run around without clothes. Maybe make a deal with her that when she is home she can take them off but that she has to wear them when you go out? Good luck!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2009