Black Blood (post partum?)

I am 6 weeks post partum. I have been having discharge since I gave birth. I thought it was coming to an end. It went from bright red, to brown, to a creamy red/brown. Then it stopped a couple days. Now it came back, but it is black. I thought it might be my period, with the cramps I have had with this...but..this doesnt seem normal.

Plus, there is a thick, creamy like discharge - looks like a really light red coming from my episiotomy site (I thought that would be healed by now)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had some discharge that seemed more of a black color so that is probably normal. But I had a C-section so no episiotomy... Discharge from the incision doesn't seem normal, I'd at least call my OB and check
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 11:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Normally, the darker the blood, the older it is.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I would be going to the doctor about that. Dark blood is not old blood, brown blood is.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 2:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2009