Did anyone have to get an ultrasound at 9 months because doctor says baby is only 5.5-6 lbs? Is this normal???

Rebecca954

Asked by Rebecca954 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I did. They guestamated that my baby was about 5lbs and i was due in a few days. He was NOT he was 7 lbs 6 Oz some babies just are laying different. Don't worry everything is probably fine.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 11:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• That's actually an average weight, that doesn't mean anything is wrong with your baby.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Uhm that is on the low side but not extremely low at all, remember that even ultrasound is nothing more than a guess, it can be way off.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• They said my son would be over 9 and a half and he weighed 7.4... Dont be too worried :o) They really have only alittle idea ;o) My neices were just over 5 at birth and they are very healthy 7 and 5 year olds :o)
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 1:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• At 32 weeks, I had to have an ultrasound at the maternal/fetal clinic at the hospital because DD was measuring 4-5 weeks ahead. For the rest of my pregnancy all I heard was what a big baby she was. She ended up being 5lbs 10oz. Like PPs have said, it is only a guess. Try not to worry too much!
    Anonymous

• they are wrong half the time. but if they are right, it could very well be fine. my cousin's baby was 5.5 lbs and she was 100% healthy. my mom's friend also had a 5 lb baby who was totally healthy :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2009