Does your DH kiss your DS on the mouth when he kisses him goodnight?

My 4yo gets upset when his dad won't let him kiss him on the mouth. His dad will turn his face so my son can kiss him on the cheek, then my son says "Mooom! daddy won't let me kiss his mouth!" I just kind of laugh and tell his dad to kiss him on the mouth but he refuses! Even with our 2 yo! I don't think it is a big deal. It's not like making out! It's a good night peck. I think my SO should cherish these moments when his son still wants to kiss him goodnight, he may miss it when our boys are teens, and we become the dinosaur parents who know nothing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, all three of my daughters and my son get kissed on the mouth, he does the goodnight kisses and if one of them wants one randomly through the day he doesn't cringe and shy away, but that is what he's comfortable with. If your husband isn't so comfortable with that kind of affection I'd let him express it in his own way. At least he's allowing some form of kissing and hugging so he sounds like he's just not comfortable with lip kissing which is fine, I'm sure a lot of guys feel this way.

My best friends husband grew up in a very non-affectionate home, his wife is very affectionate and as a compromise he has become more open to more affection. Although he is not usually one to prompt it; he will still allow the cuddles, snuggles, hugs and kisses from his daughters.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 12:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• If you husband isn't comfortable then why make him?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I'm not making him, like i said I laugh it off when it happens. I'm just wondering why he thinks he can't kiss his son anymore.
    Anonymous

• always did when they where small. Small little peck.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• He should just kiss him back, he's only gonna get this chance now, then it's gone, it's not that his son is wanting to make out or being gay, he's showing affection, and hubby shouldn't make it a big deal and deny his son.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My husband kisses our 2 year old on the mouth...I don't see anything wrong with it at all.  However there are some people in his family (my husbands 17 year old brother) who thinks it is disgusting, so I guess it is a matter of opinion and maybe how they were brought up??

SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 12:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• We do on occasion. When they are little what's the big deal. My mom would not kiss our dolls when we asked her too...funny how people are about things. This being flu season, we have been kissing the tops of heads and bottoms of feet.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I think its silly that he is uncomfortable, they are both still babies! My DH kisses both kids, dd 4.5 and ds 2.5 on the lips, that's how they go in for a kiss, I think it would be weird to teach them its inappropriate to kiss the ones they love most that way, they are totally innocent, why take that away so early?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My sons dad kisses my ds on the mouth and i thought it was weird, but only bc my dad never kissed me. not even on the cheek. I dont kiss my son on the mouth. It doesnt mean I dont love him any less. So i guess if your dh was raised a certain way, thats what he will do.
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My husband kisses our almost 3 year old on the lips! So do I.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2009