How often shold a high risk specialist do urine/blood tests??

I am slightly worried because I have had early contractions (5 min apart), that they stopped, but he has yet to do any blood o urine tests, lots of sono's but nothing else, should I be concerned????

DawnHaggerty

Asked by DawnHaggerty at 12:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had high fluid levels and my pee got checked at every apt. I had lots of ultraaounds though... I would just ask... What do you think they will learn from your blood levels that the ultra sound wont tell them? The pee is for protiens and sugar... they should do that every apt... Good luck!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 12:55 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Are you asking about the blood & urine tests in regards to your contractions? Neither will tell you anything about your contractions or cervical change. As for urine tests, a typical pregnancy has them every 4 weeks from the first OB appt til 30 weeks, then every 2 weeks til 36 weeks and then every week til birth. They test your urine for protein, glucose & kyetones. As for blood work... you should get it at your first prenatal, then again at 11 & 16 weeks if you choose to do the AFP testing and then at 26 weeks for your glucose test
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2009