For those who oppose food stamps...

What do you think about parents buying candy for haloween and giving it to your children? Is it ok for them to use their stamps when it benfits your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Holidays

• I don't take my kids to welfare complexes .
    Anonymous

• My only problem with food stamps has to do with those that really can support themselves but are too lazy to do so.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I don't think it's wise to buy candy on food stamps. Can you afford to have cavities filled? I'm not in any way against food stamps/PA. I believe that no one should go hungry. But if you are buying things you don't need and then at the end of the month can't buy the things you do need then I think it's a matter of priorities... And as for giving it away, not a wise decision IMO.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Anon :46 Just because someone lives in a nice home doesn't mean that they aren't on foodstamps. Welfare complexes are not the only people that have food stamps
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

Umm That's whyh if you gat food stamps you probley get medical too. SO YES I get my kids teeth filled for FREE TOO!
    Anonymous

• Buying candy on food stamps is not okay no matter who it is for. I'm not opposed to those who need FS getting them. That is what they are for. It's the ones who abuse the system who are the problem. Like people who think it's fine to buy candy and junkfood. And before anyone starts going on about how that can be a bright spot in the lives of recipients and the rest of us need to get over it, I don't have to get over it. FS are not for junk, they are for FOOD. So yes, it pisses off those of us who watch our paychecks disappear because we pay our bills and buy our own food and yours along with your junkfood. So if the way we feel makes you all angry, try getting over that.
    Anonymous

• Jademom07, i agree with you but we have a lot of housings here that I wouldn't go near.
    Anonymous

• Umm That's whyh if you gat food stamps you probley get medical too. SO YES I get my kids teeth filled for FREE TOO!

You must be so proud to not take care of your own children. BTW, it's not FREE. Someone else paid for it.
    Anonymous

Auctually Yes I did everytime I worked in my life and every week when my SO pays his taxes...
    Anonymous

• Auctually Yes I did everytime I worked in my life and every week when my SO pays his taxes...

and I'm sure that you haven't spent more than what you've ever paid in, you know since only a portion of taxes actually go to those types of assistance.
    Anonymous