i havent started this month , i usually start around the 20th but missed it so would i be able to take a test now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YUP!!! You could have taken it the day after :o) Good Luck!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 12:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• You're late about 10 days which is the recommended time to take a test. Try to take it in the morning when you wake up because that is when the pregnancy hormone is at it's strongest. Remember, if you have one visible line and one faint line that is still a positive. Be sure to contact your doctor and let them know. Also, if you have a negative test but still feel unsure, call your doctor right away. Hope this helps!
    mommyGarcia09

Answer by mommyGarcia09 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• ok thanks! whats the best test to take? is the ones at the dollar store accurate?
    Anonymous

• It's best to use the first urine of the day as that's when the hormones are most concentrated...throughout the day they dilute out and some tests will not pick them up...I would recommend a Walmart generic over the dollar store
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I took one from there and a first respons... the dollar store saind neg and the other postitive... I am about 8 weeks along :o) I also took my test in the afternoon...
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 12:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I used First Response (it brings two.) I took the first one at night and it gave me a positive test so when I took the second one 2 days later I knew it would probably be a positive. Good luck! :)
    mommyGarcia09

Answer by mommyGarcia09 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Yeah I also took a dollar store one with the first morning urine-neg. Then a first response later that day-positive. So I wouldn't recomend a dollar store one. The first response ones are not too spendy and have always showed up soon for me. Good luck.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 1:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• and also how would i get a test when my husband takes me to the store? i dont want him to know yet bc if i am i want to do something to surprise him like make a dinner that has like baby carrots n stuff like that.
    Anonymous

• Just tell him you have to go to the bathroom and you'll meet him in a certain place afterward. Go buy it and hide it in your purse. The first time I was pregnant I wrote "ready or not" on a piece of paper and left it where I knew he'd see it and "here I come" on my belly. When he asked me what the note was all about I showed him my belly. I thought it was cute just an idea. =)

jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 5:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2009