Would someone like to explain epiphany to me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wow, I just learned this in an English/Literature class, that is so wierd. I know it because the teacher would'nt quit repeating it. An epiphany is a sudden realization of truth that you didnt know before. It is sometimes religious such as realizing God is real and sometimes not, such as realizing you love someone.

amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• 1. (initial capital letter) a Christian festival, observed on January 6, commemorating the manifestation of Christ to the gentiles in the persons of the Magi; Twelfth-day.
    2. an appearance or manifestation, esp. of a deity.
    3. a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.
    4. a literary work or section of a work presenting, usually symbolically, such a moment of revelation and insight.
    Anonymous

• The word Epiphany is Greek for "to manifest" or "to show ".

The Feast of the Epiphany is celebrated 12 days after Christmas and marks the first manifestation of the birth of Christ to the Gentiles - the wise men who visited the Christ child.
    erdavh

Answer by erdavh at 1:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Sorry ladies I wasn't clear. We heard about the fest of Epiphany in a few other post. I was typing and running out the door at the same.

Thanks Erdavh. 

Anonymous

• What about me? I gave you the same answer. Duh!
    Anonymous