Would you travel out of the country with a baby with this whole H1N1 epidemy?

Note*: Baby can't get the flu shot due to egg allergy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Depends on what country I was going to. I mean our country has the H1N1 going around, so I don't see what difference it makes going to another country. As long as that country has decent doctors if she were to get sick. I certainly wouldn't take her to a third world country where doctors are few and far between. I would also only take my baby out of the country if she had all her other vaccines and any additional ones that you might need for that particular country.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I don't think you should put life on hold because of the swine flu. Our bodies need to get sick in order to build up our immune system. No one in my family gets those shots. So I guess I would say yes to travel.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• No flipping way. The people that are being killed by this virus are children. Other countries may or may not have the medical care that we do.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I went to Panama in July with my 1 year old and she got very sick. My brother in law and nephew got sick first, then me and my daughter. They said that the BIL and nephew didn't have the swine flu, but I thought it was strange that they had the results before they even left the doctors office. So I don't know. I think my daughter might have had it. She was BURNING UP! She had a 103.4 fever. I was half awake all night watching her, and when I went to give her another dose of tylenol, she threw up everywhere (I had just given her a bottle trying to cool her down). So we went the emergency room at 5am. They took her temp at 39.8 (I didn't know the conversion then). She was sick for a few days, about three, then she was fine. I only got a little sick, nothing like she did.

What I would be worried about most is the airport and being on a plane....I think that's where we got sick.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2009