How can I potty train a 2 1/2 yr old girl?

Alaina will not pee pee on the potty!!!! I introduced her to the potty eons ago. She was not ready so waited a few months. Today we woke up at 7:00, she sat on the potty, nothing. A few minutes later pee on the floor, we have already gone through 5 pairs of undies! Sat her on potty and sang songs to keep her there stil nothing, barely off the pot and pees on the floor! Any suggestions?

sautin

Asked by sautin at 1:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I potty trained my 3yo son and the 2.5yo girl I was watching at the same time. Liam ran around in longer sweatshirts and she ran around in skirts for 2 weeks. I did ALOT of cleaning up at first, but not so much even after that first week, and by the end of the month, they were both totally out of diapers. Also, candy is an excellent motivation. With my son and the other little girl we used M&M's. They *both* got an M&M when either of them went and the potty and 2 if either of them pooped. We're just starting on potty training with my almost 2yo DD and we're pretty much doing the same thing. My DS is so thrilled about every time she pees on the potty--- and she loves the praise from her big brother.

Good Luck!
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 1:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2009