were you ever diagnosted with??

Did any of these happen During your pregnacy,
-Your doctor tell you that there was a chance your baby have the Down Sindrone .
-There was a couples of procedure that they have to do but more than like it the chances of having a miscarried are pretty high
If yes,
How did it turn out?
How did you handled it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my cousin did...they said the baby had a severe case and she had an abortion
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i was told that my daughter would have downs. i just had the regular blood test done not the amino and everything turned out fine
    mommy-

Answer by mommy- at 1:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I have 4 children.I did the Quad Marker screening for all of them and 2 came back with a high percentage for Downs.For the first, they couldn't determine by the Level 3 Ultrasound so I had the amnio which showed he was a perfectly healthy baby boy.The 2nd time they were able to rule out the possibility for Downs with the Level 3 Ultrasound so I didn't go through with the Amnio (he was born a perfectly healthy baby boy as well). What are your numbers? Ask to have the Level 3 Ultrasound - there is so... much they can see (measure the forehead, measure the distance between the eyes, measure the fold at the base of the neck, do a thorough check of the heart - all indications for Downs). I had to drive almost 5 hours to a hospital that could do a Level 3 Ultrasound, but it's worth it!! Termination was not an option for me, but I wanted to be prepared if there was a possibility of Downs.PM me if you'd like to chat. Good Luck!!
    4bridges

Answer by 4bridges at 2:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2009