Are we going to get "tricked" because of our "treats"?

I bought toothbrushes to give as our Halloween treats. My husband and kids can't believe I did this and are sure we are in for a night of "tricking". My daughter even called from college to say "Mom, the #1 WORST treat listed in the newspaper today is a TOOTHBRUSH"!

What do you moms think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Do you still have your reciept so you can do a return? You still have until tommorow to make this right....lol
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 1:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• That's why we give out whole candy bars! We know we won't get "Tricked!"

I'd return them. I wouldn't let my child use a toothbrush given out while trick or treating!
    Anonymous

• Be ready for the TPing!
    Anonymous

• i would so role your house if i was a teen
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I'd return them. I wouldn't let my child use a toothbrush given out while trick or treating!

Interesting........... you won't let your child use a "Happy Halloween" toothbrush that is in a sealed package but you will let them eat candy that someone gives them?  Not sure I'm following your reasoning.

Anonymous

• maybe get some nice candy to hand out with the toothbrush
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• yea that is a bad treat, you should give in and buy some candy to go with the toothbrushes at least.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 1:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My daughter uses electronic toothbrushes so we would use it for around the house, there is always a good use for a toothbrush. Cleaning shoes your dog teeth? LOL
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 1:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Don't get defensive, just take them back. I'd do so many terrible things to your house after recieving a toothbrush. The happy Halloween toothbrush is something you'd give out after a kids halloween party, not as a treat. I don't know any kid who thinks brushing their teeth is a treat. Is that how you'd reward them for doing good on their spelling test, or completing all of their chores?
    "High Five Johnny, Good Job!! Go brush your teeth!!"...... Are you serious?
    Anonymous

• Don't get defensive,

I wasn't getting defensive, just curious why you wouldn't LET them use a toothbrush they received for trick or treat. It sounded like you were afraid for their safety or something.

I guess my thought was the kids get a ton of candy and hopefully their parents make them brush their teeth before they go to bed that night. They might enjoy having a new "Halloween" toothbrush.  Guess my kids are freaks.......they always liked having cool toothbrushes.  If you gotta brush you might as well have a cool toothbrush.

Anonymous