I got this in an email, and was wondering what your thoughts are? True or Not?

While discussing the upcoming Universal Health Care Program with my sister-in-law the other day, I think we have found the solution. I am sure you have heard the ideas that if you're a senior you need to suck it up and give up the idea that you need any health care. A new hip? Unheard of. We simply can't afford to take care of you anymore. You don't need any medications for your high blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems, etc. Let's take care of the young people. After all, they will be ruling the world very soon. So here is the solution. When you turn 65, you get a gun and 4 bullets. You are allowed to shoot 2 senators and 2 representatives. Of course, you will be sent to prison where you will get 3 meals a day, a roof over your head, big screen TVs, exercise room, free college education, air conditioning, and all the health care you need!!! New teeth, great!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• cont..... Need glasses, no problem. New hip, knee, kidney, lung, heart? Well, bring it on. And who will be paying for all of this? The same government that just told you that you are too old for health care. And, since you are a prisoner, you don't have to pay any income tax. I really think we have a Perfect Solution!
    Anonymous

• I am confused in who wants to take away medicare?? Last I knew all they wanted to do was make it better. And while they are in prison they can also enjoy rape and extreme violence, don't forget the crappy meals. Obviously you don't know anyone who has been to prison.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 1:55 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Medicare is going bankrupt don't you know that? I thought everyone knew that Medicare and SS is going bankrupt.
    Anonymous

• yes and they won't be around and blah blah blah, They are working on trying to fix this come on really??
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 1:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I thin you all need to watch the news more and stop trying to fix everyone else's issues and focus on fixing yours. You need to listen to what there saying not listening to bits and pieces. There are FIXING the PROBLEM.
    Anonymous

• oops I THINK ........ sorry
    I am really not trying to be a smart ass but for real LISTEN.
    Anonymous

• That is too funny. As for the Medicare issue, explain to me how taking money away from Medicare is fixing the problem. Obviously, someone is not paying attention.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I thin you all need to watch the news more and stop trying to fix everyone else's issues and focus on fixing yours.

I don't have any issues at the moment. And when I do, I certainly don't rely on the givernment to fix it for me.

Anonymous

• People it was a joke email. Don't you get it? Laugh.
    Anonymous

• Has government EVER been successful in "fixing" ANYTHING? Government interference in our healthcare system is precisely why it's so expensive in the first place. How can a government that has proven its incompetence over and over again be counted upon to "fix" something that it broke in the first place???
    lori9878

Answer by lori9878 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2009