Is there any truth to it when people say if you have a lot of heartburn during your pregnancy that your baby will have lots of hair?

Has this been true for anyone? Completely wrong? lol

I had a ton of heartburn with my first and he had a ton of hair. My second wasn't so bad and she didn't have as much. This time, I've hardly had any, but I'm hoping she has a ton of hair anyway :)

RyleeMendez

Asked by RyleeMendez at 2:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had no heartburn with any of mine and they came out with lots of hair
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 2:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I wasn't true for me :-)
    I've had 4 children, very bad heartburn for all of them, and they were all bald until they were 1-2 years old :-) Good Luck!!
    4bridges

Answer by 4bridges at 2:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I had heartburn all the time i couldnt eat or drink anything without getting it. And my son had so much hair when he was born.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I've never had heartburn and my babes are both baldies ; ) ...but I do think it's just a myth along with all those other cute myths about pregnancy.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 2:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i had so much heartburn with both of mine i was miserable both of them have alot of hair
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• #1: TONS of heartburn and some black hair... she lost it all and was bald until 2 :-)
    #2: TONS of heartburn and a little black hair... he lost it all too and was bald until about 16 months old
    #3: TONS of heartburn and a ton of black hair... she never lost it, but now it's more blonde :-)

I think heartburn is just a symptom of MY pregnancies, LOL,
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 2:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I had really bad heartburn with all 4 of my kids - I was on 3 different prescription meds for heartburn with my last 2. None of my kids had TONS of hair - the 1st, 2nd and 4th had decent amounts of hair, my 3rd (the only girl) was bald until she was 2.

Answer by missanc at 2:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i have had sooooo much heart burn and you can even see haylees hair in her ultra sound pictures. i guess we will see tuesday though :)
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• didn't work with my mom, cause she had it bad and i was a cucumber, but one of my pregnancy books or some other source said something about it possibly happening due to proteins in the hair or something like that. seems to usually just be random though :)
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My son had TONS of hair and I had horrible heartburn but it didn't get bad til I was 8 months pregnant. It's a pregnancy symptom. It has nothing to do with hair.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2009