So here is my questions?

Obama during his campain, said continuously that he was going to bring the parties together. He made himself to appear to be bi-partisian. So what has he or his administration done to bring the parties together?

It seems to me that he has just caused a greater divide, by his and his administration comments about the other party. Before he was elected, I had hoped that he would bring them together. But that seemed like a complete and total lie to win over votes. Did Bush ever make comments, like the ones that have come out of O's mouth about the other party? Did he? I honestly don't know.
Do the american people follow their leaders with their hate filled words? Do the different sides even want to get along? If you truly want to get along, doesn't there need to be some comprimising and the let go of our own agenda's. Should not the leaders represent both sides, not just the one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• cont..... Instead of resulting into clumping one party together and trying to assassinateone's character because they don't agree with you.  It just seems like this is what the current administration is all about.  At first I thought it had nothing to do with Obama, that he was innocent and it was just his administration, but after hearing some of the things he has personally said, it has greatly disappointed me.   How can you trust anyone, who is going to try to, in a sense, assassinate any-one's and every-one's character, that doesn't agree with them.  Isn't that a little scary and shouldn't that be a wake up call on the type of person they are, if they are pulling that crap?

Anonymous

• Do your research. He's put both Dems and Reps in positions of power. He kept the Secretary of Defense and several Bush judges. He allowed the Republicans to put their tax cuts in the stimulus bill though nobody voted for it. He's tried and every time he tries to reach across the aisle, he gets his hand slapped. The other side of the campaign was filled with hateful rhetoric i.e. "kill him" or "he's an arab". It goes both ways and people need to stop treating this country like it's a football game or nothing is ever going to get done. I mean really, you must not have listened to the hate coming out of the McCain/Palin campaign since you brought up the campaign.
    Anonymous

• Anon 17, I am not saying it doesn't go both ways, but there are numerous video's of this current administration clumping all conservatives together, when not all conservatives are Republicans, and saying that they are all ignorant and all racists and so on and so on. This post isn't about a personal attack on Obama that maybe the McCain /Palin did. It is about the personal attack on the American People by the current administration!!!!!!!!  And I did ask, if Bush has ever done or said some of the stuff about the American People, that Obama has said. 

Anonymous

• I don't think anyone with at least a thousand brain cells that were actively connecting saw anything but lies coming from that skank we call Obama. He's a liar, he used people, he had filth on his pantcuffs from trudging around Chicago sh*t for 10 years but for some reason the braindead put him in office anyway.
    Why do people keep listening to him, why don't we all start reading his speech transcripts, when a person can get out from under the Obama word cloud and away from MSM hailing him they can see plainly where he wanted to go from the beginning. The ahole plainly said" fundamentally change America" WTF did you think he was talking about with that?
    Stop getting all caught up in the ill conceived glamour and vote the ahole out in 4 years. Hopefully the damage will be minimal enough it can still be repaired. And all the Dems out in '10 don't forget.
    Anonymous

• It seems to me that he has just caused a greater divide

WHo caused that divide?

Anonymous

• I would favor compromising, if it were possible. But how do you compromise with a politician who is confiscating your rights?

How would you expect townspeople in the Old West movies to "compromise" with the tyrannical cattle baron who turned small farmers out of their farms, or the independent shop-keeper out of his store? ...
    Is this not exactly like when all those car dealers' business were confiscated when the dealerships were closed ... or the people whose retirement funds were slashed by the gov't's special form of bankruptcy for the big auto maker, which circumvented the courts and gave the bulk of the money to their unions while leaving those who had actually INVESTED in the company out in the cold.

How do you "compromise" when it's JUST Wrong? There really is no compromise available when someone is VIOLATING the Constitution !! The only reason no one is going to jail is that our Attorney General is PART of it!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Anon 32, you said it perfectly.
    Anonymous

• Stop getting all caught up in the ill conceived glamour and vote the ahole out in 4 years. Hopefully the damage will be minimal enough it can still be repaired. And all the Dems out in '10 don't forget.

Yes, because the republicans are the answer to our prayers, the way they started two wars and drove us into a recession / depression and took away our rights. makes me all warm inside

Anonymous

• He kept the Secretary of Defense and several Bush judges.--Anon @ 11:17

You DID know that Supreme Court judges are appointed for LIFE, didn't you? (Or did you?)

Anonymous

• Yes, because the republicans are the answer to our prayers, the way they started two wars and drove us into a recession / depression and took away our rights. makes me all warm inside

***
    And OBAMA has not only CONTINUED what Bush started but has also EXPANDED on them!!! Since you insist on towing the party line and support Obama, he should make you feel all QUEASY inside!!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2009