Has anyone heard of blood vessels busting on your cervix?

i am almost 26 wks pregnant.. during intercourse about 3 days ago, i started bleeding badly.. i filled the toilet with blood and clots.. i rushed to the ER, they monitored me, and did an exam..
they said my cervix was soft but still thick, and closed.. and they could see a clot on my cervix that they pulled out?
i again started bleeding yesterday, not as bad, but went through the same thing.. but they did not do an exam and still no ultrasound to confirm what is exactly causing the bleeding...
i was instructed to call my OB, in which i did and they did not try to get me in, or anything.. just told me to limit myself on saturday.. and after the second bleeding, they put me on strict bedrest..
has this happened to anyone else?

JennNicole

Asked by JennNicole at 3:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• WikiAnswers - What causes ruptured blood vessels
    Busting blood vessels in your cervix? Does weightlifting break blood vessels? What causes broken blood vessels on face? What are the blood vessels in your ...
    wiki.answers.com/Q/What_causes_ruptured_blood_vessels -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• When I gave birth to my daughter there was a lot of blood. It was bright red in color. Turns out the blood vessels in my cervix ruptured when I dialated (I didn't dialate fully until the last minute. So I went from 4 cm to fully dialated in only a matter of minutes). I was told that because of the color I didn't need to worry. The baby was born healthy. Granted, this isn't what happened to you obviously.

I suggest following your doctor's orders. Though to be honest I don't see the reason for the bedrest. But I'm not a doctor or a midwife. *shrugs*
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 3:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2008