AVON What do you think??

Do you or have you ever been an AVON REP? I just recently began and wanted to know what others think.

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• I looked into it, but there were just too many reps in my small town. That's when I found Scentsy

http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 2:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I was wanting to look into AVON. How do you start??
    lad-tink

Answer by lad-tink at 2:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I have a friend who sells it, I dont know how she is doing but I am sooooo tired of getting emails from her about the product that I have now blocked her email. If you choose to do this be VERY careful not to bother your friends so often that they start to avoid you. Perhaps see if there is a way to make money with out selling to your friends.
    Anonymous

I e mailes you let me know if I can be of any help.
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org

Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

If you can live with their ethics, then go for it.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I tried to sell Avon for awhile but with all the reps arounds.....it's kinda hard! I ended up hating it and never making money. I went with a candle business and have done so much better!

http://www.howreb.scent-team.com

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• There are a lot of reps around, there are 4 on my street alone. I sold AVON for years and it's difficult because the majority of orders are for small things like lip balm. Most campaigns I spent more than I made on samples, brochures, and demo products. And I advertised the heck out of the business with 500+ brochures every two weeks, ads in papers, holding events, Decals on my Car, donating gift baskets to raffles and events, etc etc
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Its crazy to hear how many so many different things up and downs about Avon.....I honestly haven;t done too awesome, or too bad, but I enjoy Avon! I have a few loyal regular customers, I pick up new ones frequently, I order everyday stuff for myself and my family at discount, get to try new products, and its like Christmas when I open my boxes!! LOL

I do have several Avon Reps where I am, as well as Avon stores and fleamarket boothes, but don't worry b/c I hardly see books anywhere, and there are more customers out there than you can imagine!! I ask people everywhere I go, dont even have to make extra stops or go out of my way, I do Avon when its convenient for me and some of my customers of course!! I didnt have very good help from my Rep when i started, so that was a bummer, but I learned alot and do alot for my girls that I help start!! Like give extra books, my samples, supplies, gifts, bags, etc, and support anytime!
    amy_sue02

Answer by amy_sue02 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My opinion......??

Avon is a lil weary sometimes...but I do make money!! ( :
    and it is fun and rewarding!!
    amy_sue02

Answer by amy_sue02 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2009