what did you do with your wedding dress???

I kept my wedding dress in hopes to pass it on. I have 2 kids and both are boys so no dd to pass it on to. I dont know if I want to keep it or sell it. I dont have the room to keep it but idk what to do with it.

blkmom2

Asked by blkmom2 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is packaged up and still in my mom's basement. I have always hated it... even the day i wore it (long story)... I have no idea what to do with it. I got married in 1993 so it is a bit out of date to sell.
    Anonymous

• Do you have a close niece or cousin or younger sister that may want to wear it some day?

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Oh boy, how I regret selling mine!, my dress was made by my mom, beautifully laced with little pearls all one by one hand sawn by my mom, but in a time of need as students in the University of Fla, we sold eat so we could it and that decision has haunted me for years. If the dress has special meaning keep it even if it is to try to fit into it 30 years from now, if it doesn't sell it.

Answer by older at 2:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I had mine boxed and preserved - it really doesn't take up much room in the attic (the box is hermetically (sp?) sealed so it can't get damaged). Maybe one of your daugher in law's will want to wear yours one day?!?

Answer by missanc at 2:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My mom had mine cleaned & boxed & it's sitting under my bed. lol
    briannasmom2

Answer by briannasmom2 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i meant to have mine cleaned and boxed but never did so it is in a bag in a closet..waiting to be cleaned Ha wish i could sell it but i dont want to have to pay to have it cleaned first.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Maybe someday you will have a grandaughter.

I always thought I would like to have a Christening gown made for my babies, or maybe a bassinet skirt, but never got around to it.

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Mine is in a plastic storage box that I bought at wal-mart, in the closet. It was in a garbage bag for 11 years until it was promoted to plastic box.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Well first marriage did not work out I just throw it away...lol

My second marriage we just went to the Justice of the Peace :)
    Anonymous

• Still hanging in my closet.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 3:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2009