Catholic statues. Have I lost my mind? There is a statue of the Virgin Mother I pass every day.

The first few years I walked by without a glance. I started to glance over at the statue more and more and now I glance over everyday as I am walking to work. There are some days she looks like a young kid not even in her teens yet. Other times, it looks as if she is an older woman with the worries of the world on her. I don’t look at that statue as a idol, or the “real” virgin mother so keep the idol comment to a down low.

Has anyone experience something similar to this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• you know the saying 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.... perhaps you should take note what is going on in your life when you see her as young and vibrent as compaired to when you see her with the wieght of the world on her shoulders. maybe you are only seeing a releflection of your real feelings.
    Anonymous

• I have often thought that anon. :)
    Anonymous

• Mary is the Goddess arch-type for Christianity.

Her face is ever changing: Maiden to Mother to Crone.

Blessed Be.
    Anonymous

• Mary is NOT as Goddess in the Catholic faith and to my knowledge no Christian faith believes of her as a Goddess.

God bless you

Anonymous

• Mary replaced the goddess Isis as the Queen of Heaven (that IS what the catholics call her--sounds like goddess worship to me) and as the Virgin Mother of the Sun/Son of God. Like it or not, the virgin Mary took a pagan goddess's throne just as Jesus took the pagan sun god's birthday and ressurection day as his own.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2009