Depressed and Pregnant??

I just wanted to know if anyone else has gone through this. I called my obgyn today to see if he'll perscribe me something but i'm not sure what would be the best to take while pregnant. I'm 26 weeks along???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im taking Zoloft... it has the least side effects.
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I was taking Zoloft before i got pregnant and it is the best to take however, i looked up some complications that could occur and decided not to take it. I just felt my anxiety would be worse then it already was. I deal with the depression through cleaning, yoga, and warm showers. Having a supportive hubby helps too. I couldnt live with myelf if something were to happen because something i did. Do what you feel is best. Like i said..complications COULD occur but most likely wont. If you feel you need to take it then take it. If my anxiety want so bad i would.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I would go with the least side effects and the lowest dose possible. I was on cymbalta before I conceived and had to go off of it before but had to be taken off of it immediately because of the horrible side effects it would have on baby. I have faired well so far but I notice that my normal calm mood is now fluctuating between on the edge of tears and my normal calm self. When I get stressed I pray. That has been my only way of dealing with it. I feel that if I pray that I'm giving my issues over to someone BIGGER than my problems. I believe that there is a need for meds at times though. Talk it over with your OBGYN and see what they think.
    jdelain79

Answer by jdelain79 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2009