Have you ever been afraid that when you have a cold sore, that in the shower, a piece will break off and get on your genitals?

Im so afraid of genital herpes!!! When im in the shower and have a cold sore, i wash everything except my face last. I usually wash my face first. I am afraid that the virus is on my hands and when i wash my "goodies"...and ill get genital herpes.
Anyone else have this fear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I really can not believe the number of stupidly informed women answering this question!! First, when you have herpes, you always have it!! It's a gift that keeps on giving! You NEVER get rid of the virus. It can lie dorment for many years and possibly forever, but you still have the virus. Second, COLD SORES ARE HERPES!!! Please stop arguing that FACT! Look it up for Christs sake! Third, you can get herpes from oral sex and vice versa. For the sake of argument, consider HSV1 & 2 interchangeable. More and more cases of 'oral' herpes are now 'genital' herpes and again vice versa. Finally, do you realize that chickenpox and shingles are herpes too? Like 99%of the population has herpes by this fact!! The virus does not always show up in blood tests, the best way to test is a culture of an outbreak. And even then it doesn't always show up!!
    For you who think you know about this..YOU DON'T AND QUIT GIVING BAD ADVICE
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• No. I don't think that is even possible.
    Anonymous

• I don't really think that is possible. I think it is a different type that gives you genital herpes
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• UMMMMM I think that is 2 different kinds of herpes. honestly I have never thought about it.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• my friend who is going to nursing school told everyone at work one day that she learned if you have herpes on your mouth...that you cannot contract genital herpes. She also said coldsores are the same as herpes but i disagree. Idk, i've never seen anyone with herpes but the pics i see in the docs office looks like they have a massive outbreak. A coldsore is just one. I think there is a difference, right?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• LOL! That's funny.. I have never thought about that happening, but I don't think it's possible.. OR is it? Someone should call a Dr. and find out!
    Anonymous

• laughingLOL...that is so funny but I can see where you are coming from. Just be very careful keep doing what you are doing.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Actually you can. How do you think people sometimes get genital herpes? If someone goes down on you with a cold sore, you can get it. U ladies seriously didn't know that?
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• OMG! Yes, I lay awake nights worrying about this very thing.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• No, it doesn't happen like that. You get genital herpes by having sex with someone who has it. Cold sores are considered a form of the herpes virus-but it goes away.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2009