Is this true for you?

Homosexual acts, said Mr. Cuccinelli, currently a state senator, are "intrinsically wrong. And I think in a natural law-based country it's appropriate to have policies that reflect that. . . . They don't comport with natural law. I happen to think that it represents (to put it politely; I need my thesaurus to be polite) behavior that is not healthy to an individual and in aggregate is not healthy to society."

Is it OK to base our laws this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i'm not sure what you actually said. can you reword it?
    Anonymous

• If it wasn't natural there wouldn't be over 1000 animals who engage in homosexual activity.
    Anonymous

• the law isn't based that way so it's a moot point. As for how he feels, I think thats his perogative. It is a free country. Some will agree and some will not. Doesn't make it right or wrong.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Someone needs to send him some encyclopedias and direct him to the section that talks about animals that practice homosexuality. Penguins, anyone? That's the only one I can think of right now. Don't make me go Wikipedia-ing on everyone.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Of course it is not ok, the man need a little knowledge.

Answer by older at 4:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I agree with itsmesteph.  Plus, If the "people" do not like the way in which he decides his votes regarding laws, they should vote him out. It's up to his constituties to decide if THEY are ok with it.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Homosexual acts, said Mr. Cuccinelli, currently a state senator, are "intrinsically wrong. And I think in a natural law-based country it's appropriate to have policies that reflect that.

I believe it is wrong to base any policy on bigotry

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• That is his opinion, he is still allowed that. We don't start getting fines for our comments until 2011. Who cares what his personal opinion is? Unless you have proof of his pushing legislation saying as such then there is nothing to really complain about.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Well, since more than 40 state have some sort of law defining marriage as between a man and a woman, I would say the bulk of the population agrees with him.

If not, it is his opinion which he is still entitled to under the 1st amendment and as a pp said if his constituents don't agree they can vote him out of office.

Anonymous

• Since homosexuality is pretty common in nature I would have to say he is mistaken. I would have to disagree with his logic about basing our laws on natural laws. It is quite natural for males to have multiple younger female partners to ensure survival of the species but I'm sure he would frown on allowing that.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2009