What's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you, and who was it by?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The nicest anything ANYONE says to me is not actually TO me. It's when people compliment my kids on their good behavior and qualities. I take this as the greatest compliment because it is what I have dedicated my life to and it means the most to me. We all like to be recognized for the things we feel most deeply about, and for me that is motherhood. Loved your question.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Well the sweetest thing a guy has ever said to me was "Talking to you is like riding a rollercoaster, but I like rollercoasters." This same guy also said he wanted to meet my son because "he's part of you."
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• While I was working as a hostess at a restaurant, a deaf man was trying to tell me something. He pointed to his smile, then me, and gave me a thumbs up. He was telling me i have a nice smile! And my boss when I started my new job told me that every time I smiled, I would light up the room. That was very sweet. Then a guy I was talking to was trying to explain how I made him feel, he said everytime he thought about me, his stomach felt like he was falling from someplace high up! SIgh...
    Anonymous

• awww. I asked my husband one time what he first noticed about me when we first met, and he said,....My boobs. At least he was honest. I dont hear much else.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I've had lots of people tell me that once they met me they were amazed at how much their lives started changing for the better. They said that I was the kind of person that came into there life at just the right moment when they were in need of someone the most and when I had to leave that I was the kind of person you never forget. It was a really nice thing to say especially since I have always worked so hard to try and better the lives of others around me, it's an endless battle to try and counteract all of the hate and selfishness I see every day. So at least I know that I helped some people, it's al;so amazingly nice to hear how sweet and considerate my children are because it lets me know that I am doing the right things when it comes to raising them.
    Anonymous

• Had a lady tell me how polite my daughter was on the telephone.

Had a waiter tell me how polite my son was in a restaurant.

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 4:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• A guy friend (not one who was trying to sleep with me...he's gay lol) said "you're a pretty girl with a fat girl's personality." Of course, the shallow part of me liked that he said I was pretty, but on a deeper level everybody knows larger girls are a lot of fun and full of personality. I'll take it.
    "It's really easy to talk to you" is another one I love. It means people feel comfortable around me, which I want.
    "You tell it like it is" is probably my favorite, though. I'm no nonsense (except when I'm being silly), which is how I want people to be around me. I don't want things sugar-coated.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• "You are so sexy and beautiful"~my DH said that me which meant a lot since no one had ever said that to me before(and also being overweight it meant a lot too since so many find overweight to be unattractive and you hear it so often).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• All of my son's teachers have always complimented me on the excellent job I have done raising a respectful, well mannered, well behaved and unspoiled teenager. Even teachers that I didn't get along with or didn't like my son...have all commented on this. It makes me feel good that people notice how hard I have worked to raise a good child...all without the help of his father.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i love you so much that i could not go on living without you - this came from an ex in a letter after he committed suicide we loved eachother but we knew we could never have a real relationship because we were 10 yrs apart and he had dated my mom after my dad died and yes i know it sounds bad that i dated my moms ex but please don't judge u don't know the whole story
    shevaughnld

Answer by shevaughnld at 10:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2009