Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can a doctor give medicine for pms?I need help.

My temper gets so out of control before i start my period.I'm afraid i might hurt my 4yr old when he misbehaves all day.I'm able to stay in control any other time.Does anyone else have pms this bad?Is there anything i can do about it?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Health

Answers (2)
  • Yes, you may have a condition called 'premenstrual dysphoric disorder". Bring it up to your doctor, there is medicine out there for it. GL


    Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 4:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

  • Yes, I have the same problem and I'm only 20 years old. I went to my doctor and asked if I could get on some sort of medication for this but she didn't want me to "label" me as that because it goes on my permanent recorder and it's serious. She said it's probably because of my age and what's going on in my life. Yeah..probably. But I can not stand it!! I feel like it goes on all month long.And...I'm afraid I'll hurt my DD too :( :( :( then when I'm fine..I get really sad for even yelling at her!

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.