Best way to punish 3 month old??

my 3 month old wont stop crying!! he only does it around me so i know its personal.... i know your not supposed to spank or shake a baby... what can i do to let him know what he's doing is wrong??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At this age, he's not crying to piss you off. Rather, he likes you and wants your attention. I know it's frustrating and you need a break. So put him somewhere safe and go outside for a few minutes or watch TV and let him cry in another room. It's better he cry, then you get upset and take it out on him. Try to relax. It's also possible he senses youre stress and that is why he's crying more around you. Take a deep breath, then laugh at him and make silly noises when he cries. If he's feed, dry, and no in pain then see if someone else will watch him for awhile. If you don't have help/neighbors/etc, then revert back to putting him somewhere safe and let him cry while you get a quick, much needed and probably deserved break! *hugs* it'll get better. And worse. Just part of being a parent.
    Anonymous

• Is this a serous question?
    Anonymous

• This must be a joke.
    Anonymous

• Grow up! Parenting is not about you! Anyone who would even consider punishing a 3 month old shouldn't have a child and should have CPS called on them. At 3 months of age they don't have the capacity to intentionally misbehave.

ITS NOT ABOUT YOU! GROW UP AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILD!

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Meet their needs. And get the hell over yourself.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I really hope you're kidding.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• this is a serious question, i'm so frustrated it's a serous problem with him. He's out of control and he's doing just to be bad. i know the difference, how can i make him understand without spanking him?? he doesn't get the connection between spanking and being good??
    Anonymous

• the best way to get your 3 mo. old to stop this horrific behavior is to hold him and make loving noises to kiss him to make silly faces. Yep, every time my 3 mo. old cried I fed, checked the diaper, then did the above.... and know what..... he stopped crying and started cooing. It works every time and it is good for your blood pressure.
    Anonymous

• He is 3 months old. He's not doing it to be bad. He can't do that. It's likely that he senses your frustration, and that is why he is more upset while in your care. Like I said, meet his needs. Try to relax some. Your baby is not playing a game with you at this age. He is way too young. Don't give negative attention. Give love. Change your attitude and I'll bet his will follow.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I second :11's response.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2009