Scabies!

My family and i (my spouse,4yr old son,2 year old daughter and 1 year old daughter) stayed in a hotel for a week and me and my son have scabies like symptoms which we and the family are currently taking medication for and since i was allowed to go to work 24hours after taking the medication so I'm obviously not contagious, my doctor recommended we all as a precaution apply the medication because though they might not have symptoms they might be carrying it. my problem is my mother in law was ging to watch the children halloween night so we could go to a party and now says she won't cuz she doesn't want scabies..i tried to tell he they're not contagious anymore but she won't believe me. what can i do to make her understand? has anyone had scabies before? was it hard to get rid of? my doctor told me to pretty much do the same thing as if it were lice totally cleaning and washing and drying under heat...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Kids' Health

• It may sound like a stretch but maybe you can have your dr email her? Not sure what to do but cant say I dont blame her. i know its not contagious but its normal for her to be hesitant. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• No one else can sit?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• no one else has it***
    Anonymous

• no.. :(
    Anonymous

• I caught that when i was preg. I sat on a family members toilet it was on my butt. I was so fat i couldnt even see my ass. Well i used the cream and it went away. NO ONE Caught it. Tell her not to worry. Print her some info off the internet to calm her nerves.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 4:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I had scabies. Once you put that cream on and sleep over night you should no longer be contagious. Noone in the house caught it from me including my husband who slept in the same bed. And yes to the other peron scabies is contagious. Just not after treatment. IF she says no really can you blame her?
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2009