Do you think that there is more to a dirty house than being lazy?

I am just sitting here thinking about the rut that i am in...my house is messy and i dont feel like cleaning! and its not because i am lazy i think its because i am totally burnt out! how about you do you ever just get burnt out and not want to do anything around the house?
I cant be the only one!

rachelmm007

Asked by rachelmm007 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• yep.

but i also clean like crazy when i am mad..... in that case it is a control thing.
    Anonymous

• Theirs a difference between messy and dirty it depends my house gets messy sometimes but never dirty.
    Anonymous

• It's like any job - some days you just don't want to do it! But I always feel better when it's done. Turn on some upbeat music and clean for 15 minutes. If after 15 minutes you still aren't into it, then just take a little while to yourself but chances are you'll see the progress you made and want to keep going!

Answer by missanc at 4:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Depression
    Hoarding

Answer by rkoloms at 4:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• You are not alone. It happens to all of us. Just find what motivates you and don't expect to get everything done at once. Open the window a bit. You'd be surprised what a little fressh air can do for you. Then pick out your favorite music. That stuff that nobody likes but you. It can be different music for different task. For folding laundry, making beds, dusting and pretty much anything in the kitchen, I like Yanni. For scrubbing and waxing floor and for ironing I need Enya. For really boring mundane task like sorting through stacks of paper or boxes of toys or clothes that the kids have outgrown I like Sting. A lot of this doesn't get done until late at night when I have everyone in bed. I pour myself a drink, turn on the music and get busy.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 4:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I've been in the same rut lately and I swear it's something lunar. I slept until 9 am, something I NEVER do! I'm usually up by 6. I know it's not PMS, since the house can't get clean enough when I'm hormonal. lol There's a full moon on Monday, so I'm attributing it to that.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Oh ya, that is me right now, in a big slump right now. Dont feel like doing much, laying around reading. Thank god I am not alone.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 5:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I have been feeling like that....work 8 hours then come home and have to clean...dont want to do it some days lol.However it has to be done...then add in treadmill time.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 6:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I agree that depression and hoarding can also lead to a messy house.

logansmomma2007

Answer by logansmomma2007 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I completely agree. Kids, husbands, pets, etc. My list of reason why the house is messy could go on forever and no where on that is because I'm lazy. My house is messy right now and it's not because I'm lazy it's because I chased my 1 year old around all day picking up after every mess he made and then my 4 year old came home and the messes multiplied. My husband went back to work recently and he feels he know longer has to clean since I am "home" even though being at home for me still consist of working at home and leaving the house for up to 4 hours a day depending on the day to go to class, and then also doing homework, and lets not forget chasing kids. So today after I cleaned up the same mess for the 90th time I said forget it and gave up. There is no reason for me to be overly stressed out about the way my house looks. It can stay messy tonight and I can clean it in the morning ;).
    brownbaggirl

Answer by brownbaggirl at 10:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2009