Does everyone on here get cold sores? It's more common than I thought. I have one now and am so emberassed to go out. When you see someone with one do you think, "gross"? Should I go out? Lol. I'm so self conscious. :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've only had one in my life and i felt the same way! I tried to hide it but of course that didn't work. Didn't make me feel any better when my SO's brother laughed and called it a love blister! No I don't have genital herpes thank you very much! But I have to admit, even though I had one, I still can't help but kind of gross out when I see someone else with ont.
    Anonymous

• I usually get one about once a year. They are gross, but I really don't think anything of it when I see one on someone else. I always use Abrevea, it works really well and after I start using it, it usually goes away in about 2 days.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• my husband gets them often and is very self conscience about them. i really dont think it is that big of a deal.

bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Yes, get them from time to time.

Ya its a bit embarrassing and annoying but such is life...I do what I gotta do anyway.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I think we adults all realize it's a cold sore and not a gigantic zit. No biggie.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• They are embarassing. I have gotten them my whole life. I used to get them quite often as a child but now I usually get one once or twice a year at the most. I hate them but they are common and I doubt anyone who sees you thinks much of it. In any case you should not care what anyone thinks there is not much you can do about having them. When I have one I just try to go about my business and not think about it, I know it will heal and go away eventually.
    Anonymous

• It is very common and yes, it is very gross. I used to get them very frequently as a teenager but as I got older I rarely get one. I do think that people are sickened by the site of them but what can you do? Some people get them inside of their mouth so it is easier to hide. I take Lysine when I first start to feel one coming on, and then if a blister appears I will dab it with alcohol until it dries up and is gone.
    Anonymous

• My former assistant had skin cancer on her lip and it looked like a huge infected abomination of a cold sore after she got her first dose of chemo! I felt so sad for her. Anything with a scab on your face is embarrassing.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Get over it!!!!!!!!!!!! I get cold sores all the time and if I hid everytime I had one, I would rarely leave my house. There is NOTHING to be ashamed of or embarrass of. They are gross though.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• as said before use lysine! my mom used to get one prob every week! since she's taken that on a regular basis, she doesnt get any!!!! that is, only if she remembers to take it. so you have to keep using it tokeep them away.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2009