Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you really happy?

Or do you find yourself wondering what it would be like to ......?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • Yes! I am, and no I do not find myself wondering if the grass is greener on the other side. I've learned one thing. No matter who you get with you will have issues with them. Nobody can be 100% of what you need. Often people leave someone that has 80% of what they need for someone who only has the other 20%.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

  • Yes, I am really happy. And no I don't wonder what it would be like to... except maybe be a millionaire. :)

    Cavalrybaby02

    Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

  • Overall, my happiness depends on me not on others. If the question is if I am happy in my relationship... it has its ups and downs like they all do. Sometimes, especially with my bipolar husband, we go way down and way up in a matter of hours. I get very frustrated and fed up and then he is the wonderful person I married. Happiness is a choice... how happy I am in my relationship depends on if I choose a healthy relationship and a healthy perspective.
    figaro8895

    Answer by figaro8895 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

  • Sometimes I wonder if I should have stayed single but I never wonder about having another man. I have issues though and can be a pretty big burden to dh at times. As he would say, I'm never happy but we get along pretty good considering I'm not. lol
    Rowdyblues

    Answer by Rowdyblues at 4:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

  • I have learned that you are responsible for your happiness and cannot rely on a man or anyone else to bring it for you. I am happy and some things that make me stay on the happy track surprise me like meditation, exercise, studying spiritualism and energy. Buying does not make me happy but traveling does. I used to buy crap to make myself happy but long ago learned that filled a void temporarily. Now I find it from within. Sounds cheesy but it's true. Alas, Mom is right.
    jeanclaudia

    Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

  • Dont do the what ifs except when I wonder what it would have been like to meet my husband sooner than I actually did.

    Im happy, my life is far from perfect but thats ok...Im still happy.
    Amaranth361

    Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

  • Yes
    admckenzie

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

  • No. not 100% we have our days and had plenty of ups and downs. but then again i have never really had someone that has treated me right so i dont know what it would be like to be treated right and 100 or 80% happy. i do wonder what it would be like to be happy, but that does not mean i am going to leave my man...its easier said than done anyway. i love him and i have a little girl by him and pregnant again.
    alyssa1

    Answer by alyssa1 at 7:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

  • I am very happy, I love my Husband, children and life but I feel that is natural to be curious. Yes, sometimes I wonder what if's, but I would never change one thing. The way I see it is that everything bad and good led to where I am at, which for the most part is very happy.
    kc932

    Answer by kc932 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

  • when a guy shows me some personality or describes what it would be like to be with him I may imagine his description but I don't daydream about what it would be like to be with other men. I find myself daydreaming about how I want my marriage to be. We are happy a good 95 percent of the time. I know my insecurities make it rough to be happy but...I'm sure he has them too. But yes, I am quite happy. (Unless the moon in is Aries, that always messes with my hubby and I.)
    Tickledtrauma

    Answer by Tickledtrauma at 12:59 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN