What is a good stroller?

I need a stroller that is good in slush and snow. I don't have a car so I do need a stroller to run almost daily errands. 2 seats would be nice so my 2 year old could ride too but not neccesary since the farthest we walk is only about 8 blocks (very small town). I've been using a $50 Jeep stroller for the past 2 years but that really has a hard time gettive over cracks in the road we have to cross and I dont think the wobbly wheel (held on with rubberbands) is going to last much longer.

sk_tennyson

Asked by sk_tennyson at 4:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• My favorite place to look was and still is the resale shops. I went through so many double strollers and looked garage sales over the resale shop gave me the best deals. I got the jumbo tires on mine and it took alot of torture as we walked constantly back and forth to school and the store. I only bent the wheel when we took a shortcut and hit an unexpected tree branch...oops..I also got hooked on the wagons. they have pretty cool ones now that have seat belts in them and I would throw a quilt in the wagon and would find the youngest of the 3 asleep on the others. -best pictures...
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Find one with larger wheels on it, maybe a jogger, they are a little higher off the ground too.
    Anonymous

• How much are you willing to spend? For the REALLY good outdoor strollers you're looking at a hefty price tag, as some of them are more than $500.

The Bumbleride Indie All Terrain is supposed to be one of the best & most rugged: http://www.healthchecksystems.com/product/?product_id=11949

The Peg Perego GT3 Compleato All Terrain is also supposed to be pretty good: http://www.dearbornbaby.com/product.php?productid=134&cat=48&page=1

I'm sure you can probably find something cheaper, but if you want one that is going to last you a loooong time, you may want to consider making the investment in a stroller like one of these two.
    Anonymous

• The sit and stand strollers are really nice. your 2 yr old could just jump on when he wants and jump off whenever.

Check Craigslist.org theres always good stuff on there.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Well I can't afford a super expensive one especially since my 2yr old has 2 pounds until he needs a new carseat (for grandmas car). When it rains it pours KWIM
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 5:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Baby backpack!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• get a wrap or a sling for baby. its way easier

then you can use a stroller for the other kid and the groceries.

I had a graco stroller. just gave it away - it lasted through 3 kids, camping trips, living on a farm and 9 years.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I have a moby wrap and I love it - - I also have a double stroller and I love it!! :) Both have their uses. A friend of mine has the sit and stand and she thinks it's great - - I don't know how it would do in slush, but it would have to be better than the one you now with the bad wheel. . . . The baby trend brand is really reasonably priced. You said you are on a limited budget, but another really good stroller that some friends have is the phil and ted's inline - it's a single stroller with a double seat that attaches, so it's smaller than most doubles. It is a little spendier though. . . . .
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I've tried all 3 of my slings/wraps and it's just not feasable. It's way to bulky and both of us are miserable. Normally I love them, not with huge winter jackets. Plus getting all the layers off in the store is a total PITA (this is a very small and cramped store, I am not a small woman LOL)

Either way I still need a stoller since the wheels are shot. I'm going to check out those wagons too. My mom was telling me she used that with my brother and me in Alaska!
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 10:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2009