i don't get it...

i posted a question a few days ago. i am 24 and my husband is 48. my question was about how to deal with his 21 year old son. what is appropriate...blah blah blah...i got several good answers to my question. and for that i am thankful. i also got a few women who were downright nasty. i did not ask if anyone agreed with my marriage. i did not ask for rude comments on our age difference. one woman called me a gold digger and said i shoud be ashamed, ashamed of what? that the man i fell in love with happens to be 48? as i told her, i am a nurse, he is a short order cook at a local diner. my income could dance circles around his. i am not a gold digger.

i see this kind of thing often on this site. women asking other women for advice...and then getting shit on. why not offer advice and support for your fellow woman? what does anyone really stand to gain by insulting others online? i really don't get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• i dont get it either just had the same situation in one of my simple advice questions...
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 5:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i personally dont see anything wrong with your age difference and no you arent a gold digger. some women can just be ahteful and rude.unhappy with their own choices so they try to upset yours.no worries. feel free to pm or add.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 5:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Meh.
    This is the internet - that is what many people use it for - a place to let off steam.
    Everyone on the internet is picked on at some point.

There are a lot of unhappy people in the world, and they like to spread it around.
    Ignore them.
    Anonymous

• Hey nothing wrong with being a gold digger. I went for love and I'm happily BROKE lol! I should have been a gold digger when i was young :) I think people just like to voice their opinions. Don't take it so personal. I get bashed for a bunch of stuff. LIke because i say OMG or do !!!! alot. WELL i dont care! Just take the good things you get and ignore the bad.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 5:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I get bashed for stupid crap all the time. The other day I posted a question about buying used toys for young children for holidays and a lady basically said, "Are you f-ing stupid? Why would you even have kids if you can't buy them new toys." !!! LOL I was so baffeled! My DD has new toys that get set aside after two weeks of use because she loses interest. All of her baby stuff I bought brand new, crib, stroller, car seat, clothes, literally, everything brand new, and I couldn't believe she like was freaking about me buying used toys? Seriously? LOL So yea, I agree, don't take it too personally.
    Anonymous

• My philosophy is that chicks suck-some more than others. Some are drama queens and have to be hating on someone else to make themselves feel better about being the ultimate loser. Some are depressed and take it out on everyone else. Some are just plain dumb. Don't take it heart. Not all of us are mean!
    Anonymous

• There are just some out there whom are going to see things differently than you. Some of them are unable to adequately express their thoughts and so they come out sounding ignorant. Don't worry about those whose answers bother you. Some are just going to post ugly stuff because either they are not happy in their own life and need to feel better about themselves or they can't express themselves as adults...and sometimes I fear that the answers are given by women whom have a problem with both. You know who you are so the chatter about being a gold digger can be taken with a grain of salt. We can't expect all the answers to be heartfelt and expressed correctly due to the wide diversity of character on here. So, like I said, just read and take only to heart those who are willing to be of true help...the rest can be forgotten. Best of luck!
    AWomansMind

Answer by AWomansMind at 5:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I just asked this question in another post where the OP is having a royally bad day and is doin some serious venting. Instead of offering her support and kind words people are making fun of her typos and telling her to deal with it. Awful
    Anonymous

• There is not an answer other than some like to be mean and start drama.

Some have no cooth and some dont get that an opinion given on a question does not equal giving opinions on the whole situation or life.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• One time I offered advice online and got shit on for it. I just tell myself the saying "Hurt people hurt people." I take it as an open display of their insecurities and anger. Some people just have issues and like to make others feel dumpy.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 12:55 AM on Oct. 31, 2009