Pet Insurance?

Does Anyone have it and like it?

Can you share what company you have it with?

THANKS
Mom to 2 FurBabies oh yea and 4 1/2 Human Ones.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Pets

• When I get another dog, I will *definitely* be getting insurance. There are so many things that can happen that the insurance does cover, not the least of which are "dietary indiscretion" (stoopid dog eats something it's not supposed to) and bloat. Either of these conditions can happen at any time and rack up bills in the thousands, and I've had to deal with both several times. They would have been covered, if I had the insurance.

There are other insurance companies out there (PetFirst Healthcare is the one partnered with Petfinder.com), but VPI has been around the longest. Most companies don't cover congenital/inherited health problems though, so be careful with dysplasia, heart defects, epilepsy, etc. PetFirst will let you buy an extra rider to cover those issues, though.

Good luck!

P.S. VPI is reimbursement, not dismemberment. Dismemberment is where a living being is torn limb from limb.
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 1:54 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I believe State Farm offers it.. and Esurance.. I don't have it, but I have seen commercials for it. Try googling it! Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I looked into it a couple years ago, and it was very expensive. I don't remember what company it was, the vet's office offered the name since I asked. It was based on the animal's age, if I remember correctly.

Answer by Bmat at 5:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• VPI is the only insurance I know of around here. It is a dismemberment so you pay out of pocket and send in you receipt. You get a check in the mail. The cost were not to bad if you started as a puppy but just like human insurance preexisting things are not covered. It's kinda six to one half a dozen to another if you want it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:28 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• LOL stupid firefox corrected my spelling wrong. -sorry
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• google dog insurance and you can get instant quotes. and be sure to enter your zip code to see if there are any vets in your area that take that insurance. my pit mix would only be 24 dollars a month for me. i dont think thats expensive
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 8:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• OP Here: I have googled it.....I have a couple of quotes saved. But wonder if "real" people liked it and recommended it :)

Is it more a pain then helpful :)
    Anonymous