What can my husband and I do to have a boy next time?

My husband and I have 2 beautiful little girls, We both have always wanted 3 kids. I would love the baby if its a boy or girl, but having a boy would be nice. So we have one more try and I was wondering has anyone tried natural sex selection methods and have they worked for you? Also my husband drinks a lot of mtn. dew, do you think that effects it?

lovebugX2

Asked by lovebugX2 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• There is nothing you can do. nothing. if anybody tells you there is a way - they are either lying to you, or buying into an old wives tale.

In china, ultrasounds have become illegal during pregnancy due to couples aborting when they find out it's a girl.

Anonymous

• OMG don't listen to :09, people are so freaking rude.

There are a lot of things you can TRY. You've already said you'll be happy either way, so just have fun with it and do the different things they suggest all over the internet. Make it fun and I'll hope for you!
    Anonymous

• LOL - I'm so sorry- this is the first answerer - after seeing your next comment I realized that it looked rude, what I said. Ooops!!

I meant that so many women over there try everything they can to have a boy - you know? And it's still a 50/50 chance either way, so no - theres no way of making your chances higher of conceiving a boy. and NO I was not saying that I thought abortion was okay!! Sorry if it came off that way!!
    Anonymous

• ADOPT! :) We have three girls, tried with #2 and #3 two different ways to have a boy. We were meant to have girls!! LOL We want to adopt a little boy someday :)

Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• You can google it & there are websites for that.They are groups on here to talk to other girls.I have two boys & wanted a baby girl.I dint try anything that I looked & had a girl.There are some diets you can go on.Things you can eat.Good Luck!!!
    Anonymous

• I think it is just what you get blessed with. Also what runs in your family. Me and my husband had one boy and one girl. But my mom had 3 girls and his mom had 3 boys so i figured that played a role in it also. You can try different things and see what happens. I will be hoping for a boy for you though..
    Anonymous

• The "female" sperm carries more genetic information than the "male" sperm so it gets slowed down. I have heard that if you are trying to have a girl, have sex earlier in your cycle so it has time to get there before your menstrual. I guess for a boy maybe it would be the opposite?? Adoption would be a sure way to get a boy!
    Anonymous

• Well, the shettles method DIDN'T work here and I don't know anyone for whom it DID.

I didn't think the first response was rude at all. Most of the methods really are old wive's tales. Frankly, it's a 50-50 shot no matter what you do unless you take the sperm to be separated in a lab and get inseminated with only Y chromosome sperm.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• WELL. I HAD SEXTHE DAY I OVULATED WITH MY DS AND I HAD A BOY. I ALWAYS HEARD HAVE SEX THE DAY YOU OVULATE ORAFTER FOR A BOY. AND IF YOU WNAT A GIRL A FEW DAYS BEOFRE OVULATION. WITH DD I AHD SEX 4 DAYS BEOFRE I OVULATED. SO TRY THAT
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Use the chinese lunar calander it has been right on everyone of my cousins no you cant make yourself concieve in that certian month but it sure can help your chances!!
    Anonymous