homemaker costume

I'm pretty set on my costume decision, I'm gonna be a nerd/dork. But I found my apron, and a very retro blue and polka dot dress, I thought "hmmm what about a homemaker, but a demented homemaker" any suggestions on how to make it a "demented costume?" I am limited on supplies, but I was thinking about wrapping up my arm with a "bloody cloth" as if it were chopped up while preparing dinner, flour all over my face and outfit, any additions to my face? should I be a "dead/zombie" homemaker???

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 5:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you should make your face up with smudged red lipstick and over do it with some outdated blue eyeshadow make it look like you were a murdered waitress or something
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• lmao hilarious!!!! I wear glasses, but it would probably still work! I dont have any bright lipstick (I have subtle shades), but the party i'm going to is in town and it wouldnt be hard to find!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I agree with lovelyli. I think a murdered waitress is a great costume idea! Happy Halloween.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Messy hair, lipstick not on correctly like allover one side of your lip going towards your ear, flour is a good touch but also take a little bit of chocolate and melt it a little, then smear it with the flour so it looks like you were making cookies and couldn't help yourself! If you can, cry a little after you put on eye make up so it runs down your face or drip a little water down from your eyes. If you put the fake blood make sure it is on your apron too so it looks like you were cooking when you cut it and wrapped your hand in the apron till you could bandage it. If you have a duster and don't need it, pull some feather out of it so it looks really old or like you went insane and started pulling apart, add some of the feathers to your hair! I have more ideas but it will take all day to tell you!
    Garciamommyof3

Answer by Garciamommyof3 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• ok that was another question...if I gave me a dead look, would flour pass as pale make-up? I feel silly asking lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• If it is smeared all over your face to like it, it might but I would suggest you mix the flour and water together to make it like a paint and then rub it on your face, wait for it to dry and then it should look like is more real!
    Garciamommyof3

Answer by Garciamommyof3 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• oh and don't use actual face paint because last night the news had a segment about how all the brands contain Lead and aren't required to list it. they also have other harmful products in it!
    Garciamommyof3

Answer by Garciamommyof3 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I dont have any face paint anyways lol I'll be using make up I already have (like eye shadoe, lipstick) and kitchen ingredients lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• kitchen ingredients are always handy and cheaper anyways! LOL
    Garciamommyof3

Answer by Garciamommyof3 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2009